DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

missing cable

JMC3

Reactions
I have a 2 pro and the smart controller a few years old. I cant find the charging cable that came with the kit apparently it needs to be a specific data cable I have several but the controller wants a specific cable I ordered a data cable but no dice any suggestions?

I have a 2 pro and the smart controller a few years old. I cant find the charging cable that came with the kit apparently it needs to be a specific data cable I have several but the controller wants a specific cable I ordered a data cable but no dice any suggestions?
There's nothing special about DJI cables.
You can use generic cables from Amazon, Ebay etc.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Im trying to update the controller and nothing i do works i figured i would run it through the computer but the dji software i use to update wont work or at least recognize my controller

Im trying to update the controller and nothing i do works i figured i would run it through the computer but the dji software i use to update wont work or at least recognize my controller
There are a number of versions of DJI Assistant.
Are you using the correct one?
This appears to be the correct one for the mavic 2:

Reactions: Tufargon
I have the exact same setup and use the cord that came with my Android phone and it works fine. If it's failing the update make sure your battery is charged up because it won't update and will fail with a low battery (I think under 40%). Also make sure you get it direct from the DJI website here Mavic 2 - Download Center - DJI . Connecting the Smart Controller to a hotspot and getting it direct from DJI should work.
Meta has a good point to make sure you're using the correct DJI Assistant version also.

I have the exact same setup and use the cord that came with my Android phone and it works fine. If it's failing the update make sure your battery is charged up because it won't update and will fail with a low battery (I think under 40%). Also make sure you get it direct from the DJI website here Mavic 2 - Download Center - DJI . Connecting the Smart Controller to a hotspot and getting it direct from DJI should work.
Meta has a good point to make sure you're using the correct DJI Assistant version also.
Thanks to both tips ill give it a go tomorrow snd get back to you
Thanks

Reactions: Tufargon
Something to consider. Updates are not mandatory. It will probably fly fine now if it was doing so the last time you had it in the air.

There are USB data cables .... and there are charging cables. The latter simply exists to charge phones etc whereas data cables need to meet compliance with respect to data exchange protocols.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock