DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing remote adapter

nbomar

Reactions
So I ordered my first DJI drone and waited a week for it to arrive and when it comes in the adapter for the charger to the remote is wrong. Mine is usb-c to micro usb. I called dji and after a 30 minute phone call he started a case for me and said to expect an email in 24-48 hours. Is there anywhere you can buy the little adapter to charge the remote? I tried searching on amazon or eBay with no luck. I went to Best Buy, no luck. Ideas or help would be great. Pretty bummed I got my drone and won’t be able to fly it for who knows how long now...

Thanks,
Nick

Why can't you charge with any micro usb cable? The remote charges with micro usb... You shouldn't need the usb type c for anything other than plugging it directly in the air for firmware updates or pulling content off of the internal storage.

just get a normal usb to micro usb cable and use a wall mounted or computer usb port.
best buy would have these by the thousands, you might even have one lying around at home

You don't need to use the DJI cable usb to usb-c cable with an adaptor, there is nothing special about this cable when charging the RC or connecting to the AC

Ok maybe I’m an idiot. How do you plug the micro usb in? The port is square? It is the same plug you use for the cable for the phone right?

Is the adapter in the bag with the extra set of joystick controls?

Yes I got the adapter but it appears to be wrong. It doesn’t match the same connector as the ones you use to connect your phone. If it plugs in somewhere different I haven’t found it yet and the tech support didn’t tell me otherwise.

Ok maybe I’m an idiot. How do you plug the micro usb in? The port is square? It is the same plug you use for the cable for the phone right?

Yes the phone cable will work if it has a micro usb end

You'll notice in the rectangle hole on the controller, there is a small tab towards the bottom centre of the reactangle hole (when the RC is horizontal, sticks pointing to the ceiling), you just have the line this up with the micro usb male plug hole which is also situated towards the bottom of the plug on the flat bottom slide, and then they will go together. (sometimes you might need to angle it in, depending on the plug)

DJI should have put in a normal micro usb plug hole where the two corners are cut off, I don't know why they use this one, many people have broken the tab in them.

you'll notice in the rectangle hole on the controller, there is a small tab towards the bottom centre of the hole, you just have the line this up with the micro usb male plug hole which is also situated towards the bottom of the plug on the flat bottom slide, and then they will go together.

DJI should have put in a normal micro usb plug hole where the two corners are cut off, I don't know why they use this one, many people have broken the tab in them.

Ok I will mess it and see.

you'll notice in the rectangle hole on the controller, there is a small tab towards the bottom centre of the hole, you just have the line this up with the micro usb male plug hole which is also situated towards the bottom of the plug on the flat bottom slide, and then they will go together.

Perfect explanation. Went right in. I didn’t want to break it and it is obviously not a micro USB port. Thanks for the help! Charging now. Flying tomorrow!

Reactions: Coskier
Perfect explanation. Went right in. I didn’t want to break it and it is obviously not a micro USB port. Thanks for the help! Charging now. Flying tomorrow!

Great, DJI are pretty dumb sometimes.

It is a micro usb "A" port , but not a commonly used one, DJI must have mistakenly had a mass order for them and then decided to use them instead of getting the normal micro "B" usb port, that we are all used to.

220px-Types-usb_th1.svg.png

Yes the phone cable will work if it has a micro usb end

You'll notice in the rectangle hole on the controller, there is a small tab towards the bottom centre of the reactangle hole (when the RC is horizontal, sticks pointing to the ceiling), you just have the line this up with the micro usb male plug hole which is also situated towards the bottom of the plug on the flat bottom slide, and then they will go together. (sometimes you might need to angle it in, depending on the plug)

This is exactly right!

Trying to set up my mavic. Prior experience with a phantom 3.
First, lost the charger-usb adapter for the controller, I believe I have ordered a proper replacement cable. Noticed the stock cords are not long enough for a tablet.

USB Data Charging Cable Remote Controller for DJI Spark Mavic Pro / Air Drone | eBay

My question is in hookup. Do you use the cable (usb -a) to the tablet, or can you use the usb on the bottom.
I have yet to power on the controller, seems like it has no juice at all. Perhaps I'm not powering it on correctly...

Cannot charge via bottom port its data only.

Use a.micro B USB cord. Just be careful when you plug it in

You can plug your standard tablet cable into the bottom to run dji go app.
I bought a 1ft one on. Amazon

Reactions: flatheadsteve
Thanks for the tip, controller now charging.

Now, any preference on attaching the tablet to the controller, bottom or side port?

Bottom only.

Use that side port as little as possible It's the more delicate of the bunch.

That and finding a mini b to mini b or c or lightning isn't as easy as mini to a.

Reactions: flatheadsteve
Nothing. No bag found

Got it airborne. Camera communication was flaky.
Need to upgrade the firmware.. its giving me fits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor