DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Accomplished - shot the Redhook Crit yesterday

onespeed

Reactions
My cousin has his commercial license and insurance. We had to coordinate with FAA, NYPD, Port Authority, Counter Terrorism and venue control. But we managed to get approval.

All day event. From 12 to 11 at night. Endless battery cycles, controller charging, waypoint tweaking. But it all went off without a hitch.

The clip my cousin grabbed-absolutely fierce film sequence:

Instagram post by @imrichpayne • Apr 29, 2017 at 9:21pm UTC

Tons of footage to go through now. Tons I learned yesterday on shooting something like this.

My cousin has his commercial license and insurance. We had to coordinate with FAA, NYPD, Port Authority, Counter Terrorism and venue control. But we managed to get approval.

All day event. From 12 to 11 at night. Endless battery cycles, controller charging, waypoint tweaking. But it all went off without a hitch.

The clip my cousin grabbed-absolutely fierce film sequence:

Instagram post by @imrichpayne • Apr 29, 2017 at 9:21pm UTC

Tons of footage to go through now. Tons I learned yesterday on shooting something like this.
Man, awesome job. The clip is intense, I like how in the beginning the drone seems to be jockeying for position with the riders in the front of the pack, however those overhead wires seems pretty close beneath you. You are a confident man. Nice shoot, from my viewpoint it was definitely worth the effort. ;) And that was just done with a Mavic?

Man, awesome job. The clip is intense, I like how in the beginning the drone seems to be jockeying for position with the riders in the front of the pack, however those overhead wires seems pretty close beneath you. You are a confident man. Nice shoot, from my viewpoint it was definitely worth the effort. ;) And that was just done with a Mavic?
My cousin grabbed this clip using litchi. He speeded up as the racers got faster. He was flying a P3, I fly the Mavic.

We walked the course 2 days before and flew countless laps and identified all possible obstacles. Those wires were measured and remeasured and measured again.

My cousin grabbed this clip using litchi. He speeded up as the racers got faster. He was flying a P3, I fly the Mavic.

We walked the course 2 days before and flew countless laps and identified all possible obstacles. Those wires were measured and remeasured and measured again.
I am sure they were and I do not doubt you in the slightest, they were just a surprise when they popped up at the bottom of the frame. It was not my intent to imply differently it was one of those scenes where you it takes you by surprise. Excellent video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott