DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission complete :)

Nice case, you can fit three Mavics in there!

Looks to be a peli case......good bits of kit

I like the pelican case but that things giant. I want a larger hard sided case to fit everything in it. But I dint want another huge rolling book case

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Guys I just cleaned this thread up so let's just stay
On Topic Please . Thanks :)

Reactions: dam
Nice one. How do you like it ? Does the Mavic and the accessories fit ok in it.. whats the outershell like.. the price is really good..

Sorry I can't tell you how it fits as my mavic has still not arrived, but the outside is strong carbon finish.

only one problem is when you first get it there is a strong smell of carbon, I have been advised by my mate across the road to put t in a bag and put a small tray of baking powder in the bag, and leave it outside in the open for a few days, I started this yesterday and it seems to be working, smell is gradually going.

Sorry I can't tell you how it fits as my mavic has still not arrived, but the outside is strong carbon finish.

only one problem is when you first get it there is a strong smell of carbon, I have been advised by my mate across the road to put t in a bag and put a small tray of baking powder in the bag, and leave it outside in the open for a few days, I started this yesterday and it seems to be working, smell is gradually going.
Hi Wombat. Looks like a neat case. It is manufactured from ABS so it's not carbon you're smelling, just volatiles from the plastics used. They'll evaporate slowly over time.

Hi Wombat. Looks like a neat case. It is manufactured from ABS so it's not carbon you're smelling, just volatiles from the plastics used. They'll evaporate slowly over time.

Thanks for that info, I was told its carbon but I don't know just took his word for it, the smell is going away

Thanks for that info, I was told its carbon but I don't know just took his word for it, the smell is going away
Just leaving it open in fresh air will do it wonders. Carbon fibre doesn't actually smell at all, If anything it's only ever the resin used which could smell. The foam insert is more than likely the main source of the smell, if it was real carbon fibre the case would cost many times what it is being sold for. It's a cast ABS outer shell which looks "similar" to carbon fibre. At the end of the day, this case will more than suit what you bought it for.

just had a look at eBay and it does say carbon grain, it is a carbon grain look not made from carbon, but as you say will do the job for me

at the current time I have it sitting on a table in the back garden and the smell is going away gradually

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks