DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mission Connectivity

GH02050

Reactions
I have more newbie questions about a mission I’d like to fly in Litchi with my Mavic 2 pro. This is somewhat related to the “Litchi Mavic pro waypoint altitude relative to ground” thread but also about connectivity with the controller. The image below roughly depicts the mission I want to fly. It begins with path across land is using “relative to ground” & in this area the cellular service is spotty at best, internet connectivity isn’t always guaranteed. Is this cause for concern?

The second half of the mission (the flight home) I wanted to fly around the around the contour of the ocean side cliff (the red arrows above). This would put the drone out of my sight for about 30 seconds before it turns the corner. At that point in the mission it would be appox. 1500ft away and would descend to about 50ft behind the cliff, then run the contour back around the corner to me . So I guess my question here is so I need to worry about connectivity to the remote in that scenario? I guess I will figure out all these things in time.

I’m not artist but this sort of shows the path.
Trying not to make expensive mistakes but I guess I will figure all these things out in time.

Attachments

• mission1sm-Capture.jpg
    mission1sm-Capture.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 3
  • mission1-Capture.JPG
    mission1-Capture.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 3
in this area the cellular service is spotty at best, internet connectivity isn’t always guaranteed. Is this cause for concern?
The Mavic doesn't use cellular service and/or the Internet to fly.

So I guess my question here is so I need to worry about connectivity to the remote in that scenario?
The mission will continue even if the remote controller disconnects from the Mavic. All should go as planned as long as the Mavic doesn't lose the GPS connection (a rare occurrence), doesn't switch to ATTI mode (due to a compass related error), and is flying high enough to avoid all obstacles in the area.

Reactions: GH02050

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02