DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM and Phantom

Francesco Baratto

Reactions
Hi all.
I'm using a Phantom 4 STANDARD for photo and videos (more for photo but just because I'm total newbie in filmmaking).
Waiting to upgrade with a Mavic 3 pro (?) with CE certification, I'm almost to buy a Mavic Mini looking at its portability and moreover less flying restrictions in many situations. I'm wondering if I can replace my not so portable Phantom 4 standard (not adv/pro) with Mavic Mini considering only the photo and video specs.

I'll chime in here. I have a phantom 4 pro plus model and I bought a mini two weeks ago. Call it covid induced boredom but I wanted something a little more portable than my P4. The thing is there is a noticeable difference (at least to me) in the camera. Initially, I thought about selling the phantom but I decided to keep it for the more serious photo/video missions I might want it to do. I like the MIni because of the portability and the fact I can pretty much always have it with me. If you want portability but good camera specs, maybe look at the new Air or wait until the latest Mav pro comes out - whenever that it is.

Thank for the replies. However I have a P4 standard with a less quality camera than P4pro/adv. Is it possibile to replace it with the MM considering only the camera quality? I'm not interested in the new MA2 because of the lack of CE certification. I think it makes very non sense to buy a new so portable and good drone like the new MA2 and to will be able to fly it only in A3 class (distance 50 mt from people, 150 mt from buildings). I prefer to wait for a Mavic Pro 3. I think all the Mavic, despite the different dimensions, are all very portable drones and the difference between weights matters not for portability but for flying rules.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll