DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 has been released (taking orders now)

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Last edited:
And now the waiting begins... ;)

Reactions: Drone Master
Got the Fly More Combo, extra battery, SD card, and Refresh (50% off). Nice that they added in the ND filters to the package.

Reactions: HBJLR714
what size is it?is it bigger then the air?
Mavic Air
Weight:
430 g
Folded: 168 × 83 × 49 mm (Length × Width × Height)
Unfolded: 168 × 184 × 64 mm (Length × Width × Height)

Mavic Air 2
Weight:
570 g
Folded: 180 × 97 × 84 mm (Length × Width × Height)
Unfolded: 183 × 253 × 77 mm (Length × Width × Height)

1588072772171.png

Last edited:
Ackkk. I have no self control.
Canceled my new watch from Amazon and ordered the Mavic Air 2.
The store was out of prop guards and there were none in the fly more package, So I've got to be careful when doing the maiden flights indoors.
Too many benefits for me to ignore.

Reactions: nad-h
Got my combo pack and a extra battery, it was 9:32pm when I hit PAY button and got my order number
Just got mine preordered after the launch too! Super excited about it I’ve never had a real drone but I’ve been wanting to find one with the specs I liked for awhile. This thing is a beast. Got the fly more kit I think it’s worth it for the extra batteries alone.

May 11 too far away

so whos gonna wait for it before ordering
[4] Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B. The two models are identical in all other aspects such as flight and imaging performance.

For stills photographers, not sure why there would be a rush to purchase this over a Mavic 2 Pro?

The 48MP is not native, it's 12 x 4 interpolation process due to the Quad Bayer sensor, so the sensor is only 12MP, and fixed at F 2.8. Interplation up for resolution is not a great solution, never has, and for sure in a drone's limited capacity for processing it won't be very good.

The controller has a better design for the display device keeping it up high and Occusync 2 is obviously better, but beside the cost factor over a Mavic 2 Pro, what other specs are people seeing as a improvement for stills work?

It's not a native 48Mp chip, there has been plenty written about the 1/2 chip Quad Bayer design. It's been in several phones now for over a year and for DJI to state as they have "native resolution 48MP" is not a fair spec. It's still a 12MP camera.

I am sure for video shooters there is plenty of improvement, I just don't see anything appealing for stills work.

Paul C

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
you really need to ask if there is space for the Mavic 2`s with this new air in the market. I may just have found my new choice upgrade. Need to check how this thing will be in windy conditions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh