DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 has been released (taking orders now)

Looks great for video, it will be showing up on a lot of productions. It is also cheap enough to be a very good entry level drone for new pilots. Not to jinx it, but I wonder when we’ll see the first fly away help posts?

Hello. I just registered and this is post #1 for me. I ordered my first drone a few hours ago....the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo. Looking forward to learning from the forum. Regards from Ontario, Canada. Dave

Reactions: nad-h
Hello. I just registered and this is post #1 for me. I ordered my first drone a few hours ago....the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo. Looking forward to learning from the forum. Regards from Ontario, Canada. Dave

Welcome. Please enjoy the hobby (or profession if that's what you will get into). Be safe and do some reading of best practices. These drones are very easy to fly and have fun with and almost always come back safely. But once in a while one has an issue, occasionally a defect, but usually pilot error. Read the manual, read up on some practices, and maybe even check out the crash and fly away analysis section of this forum. I find it helps to see what others did wrong with theirs so I can avoid the same mistakes.

You'll love it, I'm sure!

Welcome. Please enjoy the hobby (or profession if that's what you will get into). Be safe and do some reading of best practices. These drones are very easy to fly and have fun with and almost always come back safely. But once in a while one has an issue, occasionally a defect, but usually pilot error. Read the manual, read up on some practices, and maybe even check out the crash and fly away analysis section of this forum. I find it helps to see what others did wrong with theirs so I can avoid the same mistakes.

You'll love it, I'm sure!

Thanks so much. I’ve been reading a lot and studying some maps. I still have plenty of time before it even ships to do more. I’ve read up on all the registration requirements and will take care of that as required. Definitely plan on taking it slow and safe.

so whos gonna wait for it before ordering
[4] Due to supply chain shortages related to the coronavirus pandemic, Mavic Air 2 units equipped with AirSense ADS-B will initially only be available in North America. A version of Mavic Air 2 will be available outside of North America without ADS-B. The two models are identical in all other aspects such as flight and imaging performance.
Any idea if there is a difference in flight times? I’d buy the non North American version if so.

For those waiting for windy conditions testing:

I won't be upgrading (I prefer a larger drone), but this is definitely on my radar for when I inevitably want to get something a little more compact down the line. Half the reason I skipped out on the first Air was the size and my lack of confidence in how it could handle wind. Also wasn't a fan of the look. The Air 2 basically alleviated all of those issues for my future self's purchases.

Reactions: dronepilotbob
For those waiting for windy conditions testing:

I won't be upgrading (I prefer a larger drone), but this is definitely on my radar for when I inevitably want to get something a little more compact down the line. Half the reason I skipped out on the first Air was the size and my lack of confidence in how it could handle wind. Also wasn't a fan of the look. The Air 2 basically alleviated all of those issues for my future self's purchases.

Did great, most interesting part was the end, the drone did not want to land. :)

Thanks for sharing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc