DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM took on a tree like a champ

minipilotmda

Reactions
It's was a beautiful day to be outside and socially distanced from everyone. I chased my kids with my mavic min and made a rookie mistake. I switch over to sport mode and handled the flying blindly all to myself. Long story short, I ran right into a tree, the only one around! In fact, I flew it into it again trying to recover! The MM recovered and I was able to assess the damage pretty quickly. No damage but covered in pollen!

Glad to hear the tree was fine :D

Oh...... and be careful chasing the kids with the Mini. Those blades, as small as they are, can do a bit of damage.

Stay safe and happy flying!!

I was a little less lucky running in a rugby pole full speed front.
The Mini completely dislocated.
... After close inspection, only the camera gimble ejected, props broke, and case was almost intact.
Fixed it myself at no cost..
Now I learn that releasing the throttle doesn't make the aircraft go down as on fpv racers.

It's was a beautiful day to be outside and socially distanced from everyone. I chased my kids with my mavic min and made a rookie mistake. I switch over to sport mode and handled the flying blindly all to myself. Long story short, I ran right into a tree, the only one around! In fact, I flew it into it again trying to recover! The MM recovered and I was able to assess the damage pretty quickly. No damage but covered in pollen!
OK, now, as a real bee would do, go and visit more plants, as long as you still got pollen on it! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: tmiller
It’s good is wasn’t near your kids and that you recovered it with no damage. I was flying mine a few days ago and flew it into some low tree branches. Fortunately I was able to retrieve it (it stuck in the branches) and only had to replace two props. I will try not to make that rookie mistake again!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27