DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM with Litchi

Very interested to see if waypoints can be performed with this model. It would take this model to the next level.

Reactions: Thanev
Does that mean that Litchi is superior in that the drone behaves autonomously and is not subject to transmission and reception issues with the connection to the drone ?
Litchi would still be able to fly the waypoints and return while not been connected to the controller, while dronelink couldn't and would just RTH on the loss of signal
I guess Litchi would only have issues with gps reception, while dronelink could have gps and signal problems ?
I guess Litchi would be better since it does not need to be in contact with the controller EXCEPT that Litchi for the Mini does not do missions as they have generally been defined. Litchi canNOT load waypoints for missions to the Mini and have the Mini run the mission. At least, that's how I've understood it in (as pointed out) the 100 or so threads about this subject. (g)

But I could very well be wrong as things keep changing. As THEY say: Tune in to the 11PM news for the latest.

I have spend the afternoon trying to test Litchi follow me with my MM.
It does work, all though I don’t feel I had enough control on what it’s doing
However it was able to follow me around as well my car .
I will post some videos by tomorrow
Overall it’s kind of cool and however it has some of the jerkiness DL has during orbit . More and more I believe MM can not overcome this easily .

Focus also was interesting , while the tracking glitched and could not use it at all

Orbit of course was producing an error

Reactions: Fernando_CWB
I guess Litchi would be better since it does not need to be in contact with the controller EXCEPT that Litchi for the Mini does not do missions as they have generally been defined. Litchi canNOT load waypoints for missions to the Mini and have the Mini run the mission. At least, that's how I've understood it in (as pointed out) the 100 or so threads about this subject. (g)

But I could very well be wrong as things keep changing. As THEY say: Tune in to the 11PM news for the latest.

Apparently Litchi is implementing the "virtual sticks" method of way-point flying for the MM

Apparently Litchi is implementing the "virtual sticks" method of way-point flying for the MM
I wonder what the timeline of implementation is for that? Only thing really missing from the beta from what I can tell, I was having a blast with it today. Tracking is kind of slow but definitely works if you play around with it for a bit. Focus and pano modes are fun too. Still a bit slow and the video feed doesn’t have nearly the range that DJI fly app does.

I know the litchi team says that Waypoint and orbit are not supported by Mavic mini so how can dronelink claims that waypoint works for them ?
MM way-points work with Dronelink. Used it today. You just can't let the drone get out of the controller range. Litchi allows the mission to be uploaded directly to the drone's brain. Dronelink does not. Dronelink only runs the mission from your phone or tablet. That's why you can't get out of controller range. I did a simple path around the block and an orbit over my house. It works well. Just stay in controller range. I used an S10 Galaxy phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: pescobar61
Where did you hear that?

I saw it in the DJI Forum and there is some mention on Litchi facebook, although it could be just rumors

1596865752248.png

Reactions: Fernando_CWB
I am beta-testing the IOS version with my Mini
Waypoints and Orbit are giving a failure message, that it is not supported, although the buttons for that are visible

The only mode which really works is
Focus on POI
I made today my 3rd test with Litchi

Reactions: douglas_in_philly
The focus on iOS worked smoothly with my MM using a iPad Pro

Follow me is missing while I could find it on the android version

I could not make tracking work no matter how much I tried

Waypoints and orbit , as already mentioned, produce errors and can not start

The ability to screen capture is amazing , I am missing this on the android version

here is a video of my MM in follow me mode

I keep the controller in my hands as I have no confidence on this setup but there was no manual input

Android beta version, using a Samsung s8+
Seemed to work reasonably well! Thank you, very much, for making and sharing the video!!!

I am beta-testing the IOS version with my Mini
Waypoints and Orbit are giving a failure message, that it is not supported, although the buttons for that are visible

The only mode which really works is
Focus on POI
I made today my 3rd test with Litchi

Thanks for sharing the video!!!

I'm definitely moving toward purchasing Litchi. I'm an inline skater, and have wanted to have my Mini "follow me" while skating. I think it would work, based on the videos I've seen in this thread.

If I buy Litchi, can I install it on 2 different smartphones? (without having to pay it a second time, of course)

The last afternoon i tested Track and Followme modes, Track mode works but like a dizzy baby learning to walk , it gets lost if you move "normal/fast" , you should move slowly so it doesn't loss the target, about Follow me mode, i couldn't confirm the mode working, after select distances, the app prompted me "GPS blocked, please wait" ,, even when i had 16Sats catched on screen, i tried several times, but no way to unblock this issue, then i did remember that there was a rescue helicopter port around 4km away ,,, i wonder if this reason would be the problem for the "GPS blocking " prompt, i'll update the info on my next flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb