DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM with Litchi

While there is considerable buzz about the waypoint feature of Litchi, or the lack of thereof, nobody seems to mention the added image control - contrast, saturation and sharpness. Mini has a nice baked-in profile, though a bit limited for color grading. With rolled back settings, you can get a much flatter picture with reasonable sharpness. Not a film look yet, but close enough!
Have you actually tried those on the Mini?

Hello guys! I hope you are having a great time flying with litchi. I have a pixel 4xl with android 10 and couldn't use litchi beta yet. It can't connect with dji servers.. Does it run on Android 10??

[QUOTE = "dino9832, message: 1077244, membre: 130306"]
Juste une petite question, je ne voulais pas commencer un nouveau fil étant que celui-ci est déjà sur LITCHI.
Si je paie et installe la version bêta sur mon téléphone, devrais-je payer à nouveau pour l'installer sur ma tablette? Les deux sont Android.
Merci!
[/CITATION]
Non si vous restez sur le même système d'exploitation (Android ou ios)

[QUOTE = "dropke, post: 1077107, membre: 15542"]
N'oubliez pas que DRONELINK Guys n'aime pas Android !!!
On the FLY fonctionne UNIQUEMENT AVEC une connexion Internet! c'est pourquoi je préfère LITCHI
et bientôt ils auront des WAYPOINTS aussi.
[/CITATION]

Litchi moins stressant en cas de perte de connexion car il continue sa route alors que Dronelink déclenche le RTH qui peut être dangereux s'il est défini

Litchi moins stressant en cas de perte de connexion car il continue sa route alors que Dronelink déclenche le RTH qui peut être dangereux s'il est défini

The Mini will never be able to continue a waypoint mission without a signal (even with Litchi, if they eventually include that capability) as the waypoints are not stored onboard the drone. You will only ever get hover, land or RTH, depending on which you have selected.

Reactions: RogerDH and Berche
[QUOTE = "dropke, post: 1077107, member: 15542"]
N'oubliez pas que DRONELINK Guys n'aime pas Android !!!
On the FLY fonctionne UNIQUEMENT AVEC une connexion Internet! c'est pourquoi je préfère LITCHI
et bientôt ils auront des WAYPOINTS aussi.

[/QUOTE]

If you lose the connection, continuing the mission without being able to see what's happening or abort the mission is the dangerous (and illegal) thing to do! Litchi now has an option to abort missions on loss of signal, and you really should use it. And BTW, the way Litchi works with other DJI drones, yes, the drone will continue to fly to the uploaded waypoints after loss of signal, but you won't get any camera or gimbal control commands executed at those waypoints -- those are sent when a waypoint is reached rather than being uploaded with the waypoints -- so saying that the "mission is continued" isn't entirely accurate, anyway, since just the flight path is.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "RogerDH, message: 1090866, membre: 112941"]
[/CITATION]

Si vous perdez la connexion, continuer la mission sans pouvoir voir ce qui se passe ou abandonner la mission est la chose dangereuse (et illégale) à faire! Litchi a maintenant une option pour abandonner les missions en cas de perte de signal, et vous devriez vraiment l'utiliser. Et BTW, la façon dont Litchi fonctionne avec d'autres drones DJI, oui, le drone continuera à voler vers les points de cheminement téléchargés après la perte du signal, mais vous n'obtiendrez aucune commande de contrôle de caméra ou de cardan exécutée à ces points de cheminement - ceux-ci sont envoyés quand un waypoint est atteint plutôt que d'être téléchargé avec les waypoints - ainsi dire que la "mission se poursuit" n'est pas tout à fait exact, de toute façon, puisque seule la trajectoire de vol l'est.
[/CITATION]
Je sais tout cela, mais ce qui m'intéresse c'est que l'avion poursuive son chemin jusqu'au dernier wp même si certaines commandes ne sont pas exécutées. Cependant, l'enregistrement vidéo déclenché initialement se poursuit après la perte de connexion

I have tested almost all modes on Litchi with the Mini, I tracked a Kangaroo, Did follow me mode on a car and flew with VR Google's.
Litchi and the Mini are a good mix.
Here is the channel if you want to see the apps capabilities.

I have tested almost all modes on Litchi with the Mini, I tracked a Kangaroo, Did follow me mode on a car and flew with VR Google's.
Litchi and the Mini are a good mix.
Here is the channel if you want to see the apps capabilities.
Great review, very nice detailed description and demonstration!

Really ??!!?!
If so, I am buying the app ASAP !
In fact it is really indirect, you can adjust the % of stick you introduce into focus or track motions...
But I don't think there is a calibration of sticks like on RC radios...

If you lose the connection, continuing the mission without being able to see what's happening or abort the mission is the dangerous (and illegal) thing to do! Litchi now has an option to abort missions on loss of signal, and you really should use it. And BTW, the way Litchi works with other DJI drones, yes, the drone will continue to fly to the uploaded waypoints after loss of signal, but you won't get any camera or gimbal control commands executed at those waypoints -- those are sent when a waypoint is reached rather than being uploaded with the waypoints -- so saying that the "mission is continued" isn't entirely accurate, anyway, since just the flight path is.
[/QUOTE]

I have flown over 500 missions with Litchi and I have never found what you say to be the case. The entire mission Including waypoint and POI as well as gimbal angle, altitude changes, speed changes are all executed regardless of connection to aircraft. I can find no information to say they are not (Other than someone saying it doesn't) and I can attest multiple mission in the past are well out of any contact with my transmitter. Could you please link to your source of that info?

Last edited:
I have flown over 500 missions with Litchi and I have never found what you say to be the case. The entire mission Including waypoint and POI as well as gimbal angle, altitude changes, speed changes are all executed regardless of connection to aircraft. I can find no information to say they are not (Other than someone saying it doesn't) and I can attest multiple mission in the past are well out of any contact with my transmitter. Could you please link to your source of that info?
In the Litchi Help for waypoints, in the section titled "Waypoint Gimbal Pitch," it says: "Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller."

With a quick search, I also found this thread on this forum. One user claimed that it didn't work on iOS but it did on Android, but I believe that was a misperception. Other users confirm that speed changes are also not executed when the connection is lost (which I had read about elsewhere, but I can't find the reference now).

EDIT: I also found another thread on this forum with a posting that says:
Litchi support replied today
The gimbal is controlled by Litchi (mobile device), if you lose signal, the gimbal's behavior is undefined.

Last edited:
When planning a mission using Litchi back when I had a Mavic Pro Platinum there was the ability to calculate above ground level height at each waypoint. With virtual sticks and Dronelink, is that (above ground level at waypoint) also a feature?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190