DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Model Airplane Community on Remote ID

It says “ a standard Remote ID-equipped aircraft or an aircraft equipped with a broadcast module. “
So what exactly is a broadcast module ?

I am thinking standard means it’s built into the aircraft by manufacturer and the module means added after market.

It says “ a standard Remote ID-equipped aircraft or an aircraft equipped with a broadcast module. “
So what exactly is a broadcast module ?
An installed device that meets the criteria of VII.D from the Remote ID Final Rule document. The model airplanes have to follow the same requirements as drones.

I am thinking standard means it’s built into the aircraft by manufacturer and the module means added after market.
I understand it’s an add on unit but what is it ?
How can it send the relevant data, is an internet connection necessary, if so is it mobile data requiring a subscription ?

How can it send the relevant data, is an internet connection necessary, if so is it mobile data requiring a subscription ?
They haven’t even invented it yet it will be available as a separate item that you can attach to your existing drone and the drone companies have 18 months to incorporate it into their new drones

Reactions: THE CYBORG
It will send data packets using either a Wi-Fi Broadcast message, in a similar manner that wireless routers identify their SSID; or it will send a Bluetooth packet, probably as BLE beacon like how the tracker tiles work.

or it will send a Bluetooth packet, probably as BLE beacon like how the tracker tiles work.
Unlikely to be Bluetooth as the range is too short to be practical.

Unlikely to be Bluetooth as the range is too short to be practical.
Not full Bluetooth, but Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons. Outdoors, they can reach up to 1km. The Final Draft makes no mention of the specific protocols, a BLE beacon packet would work.

Not full Bluetooth, but Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Beacons. Outdoors, they can reach up to 1km. The Final Draft makes no mention of the specific protocols, a BLE beacon packet would work.
That assumes a high power transmitter with high gain aerials. I would very surprised if these were incorporated into small drones.

That assumes a high power transmitter with high gain aerials. I would very surprised if these were incorporated into small drones.
Even the small, low power Tile Tracker Pro's have a range of 450m. It's a viable option for the Broadcast Module requirements.

You probably would program it through peer to peer wifi much like you do with intelligent devices like lights, or through BT. The programming to include your ID and any other static info required.
Motion and barometer sensors along with GPS would detect takeoff and note location. It would then beacon ID, current AC location and TO location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrobertsvideo