DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does The New Air 3s Drone Broadcast FAA Remote ID Information

Secondly, should we add and register the RC 2 controller as a separate device?
Remote controllers do not need to be registered with the FAA.

Reactions: ryguy80
Yes, it has Remote ID since it’s above 250g. Not sure what info you are looking at that it’s not.

724g takeoff weight. DJI Air 3S - Specs - DJI
I believe @Newton was pointing out that the OP's questions were not answered.

As for being over 250g, there are DJI drones over 250g that don't have Remote ID. So, the weight of the aircraft is not always the deciding indicator.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
As for being over 250g, there are DJI drones over 250g that don't have Remote ID. So, the weight of the aircraft is not always the deciding indicator.
I believe all newer model DJI drones that are over 250g now come equipped with Remote ID.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I believe all newer model DJI drones that are over 250g now come equipped with Remote ID.
Yes, you are indeed correct. I suspect that trend will continue in DJI's consumer drones.

I believe even the ones below 249g, from DJI, manufactured today, broadcast remote ID
Not all of them. But, yes, some always broadcast Remote ID.

The DJI ones produced today don't?
Which ones?
The Neo doesn't have the option to use Remote ID at all.

All Mini 3 packages come with standard batteries. Remote ID is disabled unless you optionally purchase and use a Battery Plus. And at that point, it makes little sense to even have any standard batteries as you will always be required to fly with Remote ID since the drone will be registered with the FAA.

The Neo doesn't have the option to use Remote ID at all.

All Mini 3 packages come with standard batteries. Remote ID is disabled unless you optionally purchase and use a Battery Plus. And at that point, it makes little sense to even have any standard batteries as you will always be required to fly with Remote ID since the drone will be registered with the FAA.
Mini 4 Pro works the same, too, not broadcasting RID unless a plus battery is inserted, bringing the done to over 250g.

Reactions: ryguy80 and msinger
Mini 4 Pro works the same, too, not broadcasting RID unless a plus battery is inserted, bringing the done to over 250g.
Yep! I guess one notable difference is DJI sells a Mini 4 Pro package with the plus battery, making Remote ID usable right out of the box.

The DJI ones produced today don't?
Which ones?
The Neo doesn’t - at least the ones sold in the U.S. I believe it’s enabled on units sold in China and Japan. It’s too bad, it would qualify for Part 107 Cat 1 Operations Over People out of the box had it included Remote ID. Users have to buy a separate ID module for OOP.

Edit: Added DJI confirmation on Neo RID as an attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I get my numbers from a few different venders on Amazon ,They are very nice and arrive quickly
It's why I outsource mine. I would rather have something nice than generic black text on a white label.

I get my numbers from a few different venders on Amazon ,They are very nice and arrive quickly
I liked the stickers from PilotInstitute but decided to make my own. I need to get it centered more on the label before I apply one to my drone and batteries.
It's 1.5" x 0.62"

IDSticker1.jpg

It's why I outsource mine. I would rather have something nice than generic black text on a white label.
See? I'm kind of the opposite. I wanted something small, informative and thorough. The sticker I did is on a polyester film so it's 100% waterproof (hope it's never an issue) so if it got lost for a while and someone came across it, the info is still readable.
I have access to a myriad of printers and there's nothing I probably can't get printed for free or a small favor. Being in the printing industry for 40 years has it's privileges.
Right now I'm printing a Halloween door decoration on my 36" printer. Unfortunately, that one doesn't print waterproof. My label printer is only single color (unless I go through great trouble to do other colors)

FWIW, the PilotInstitute ones come in a few different color combos from them. They're far from genetic black on white. They do a good job on them.

Yep! I guess one notable difference is DJI sells a Mini 4 Pro package with the plus battery, making Remote ID usable right out of the box.
Indeed. User controlled RID broadcast (technically prohibited by the FAA) through choice of batteries. Available for those who are required to have it, while not burdening everyone with RID who does not require it. Good on DJI!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof