DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moment filters — any experience?

VLL

Reactions
I want to get some filters for my Mavic 2 Pro. I've read the threads on this forum about brands, recommendations, etc. Haven't seen anything about Moment filters, except for their anamorphic lens for the Mavic 2, which sounds like it had serious design issues. More recently Moment came out with a line of regular filters that are designed along standard lines and look promising. The price point is below the upper end (PolarPro, Tiffen) and above the lower end (Skyreat, etc). They were regularly priced when I first looked at them, but are on sale right now. The pricing is very attractive, and they have some attractive combination sets and variable NDs (which they say at least minimize cross-polarization).

I can't find any user reviews anywhere, which makes me hesitate to try them (although the return policy looks solid).

Does anyone have experience with Moment filters? Or any thoughts about whether they are worth a try?

Cameras of all kinds need good 'glass' in front.

These might be ok, or they might be poor quality with a good profit margin . . . they could also be PolarPro quality at a bargain price . . . rarely is price linked to quality either way.

The variable NDs are a nice looking option, but can give some camera image problems, see some threads on the forum here regarding the polarising method they use to do their thing.
Think this was mainly with shooting panos ?

I guess the lack of reviews = new product, or maybe the review section simply isn't used, so maybe someone here has tried them.
They say "cinematic glass and custom coatings", so they would probably be of good quality, and have reflection free nano coating to the surfaces.

The M2P doesn't need a lot of filter help, as it has the aperture / shutter control, so maybe just get one (US$14) or the 3 set and try them.
The larger 6 filter set is probably not needed, but the higher NDs could be useful if you are interested in motion blur photography, water motion, night lights blur of traffic, etc.

I want to get some filters for my Mavic 2 Pro. I've read the threads on this forum about brands, recommendations, etc. Haven't seen anything about Moment filters, except for their anamorphic lens for the Mavic 2, which sounds like it had serious design issues. More recently Moment came out with a line of regular filters that are designed along standard lines and look promising. The price point is below the upper end (PolarPro, Tiffen) and above the lower end (Skyreat, etc). They were regularly priced when I first looked at them, but are on sale right now. The pricing is very attractive, and they have some attractive combination sets and variable NDs (which they say at least minimize cross-polarization).

I can't find any user reviews anywhere, which makes me hesitate to try them (although the return policy looks solid).

Does anyone have experience with Moment filters? Or any thoughts about whether they are worth a try?
The variable ND filter is a knock off of the Freewell variable ND. Of note, with the Freewell you get both variable filters for less than your link wants for just one of them. BTW these filters are actually two polarizing filters with the outer one allow to rotate. I find my Freewell vnds to be a quick and acceptable alternative.

You could try the cinema ones. Price is good. I tried several brands and now all my fixed filters are PolarPro both ND and polarizing despite the price.
Just my $0.02

Helpful insights. With the good return policy, it might be worth giving them a try. Or I may just bite the bullet and get something tried and true. Thanks for your thoughts.

Helpful insights. With the good return policy, it might be worth giving them a try. Or I may just bite the bullet and get something tried and true. Thanks for your thoughts.
Moment's return policy is draconian! Don't let it fool you! If your return of anything arrives after 30 days from receipt (and you must use their shipping method with an RMA that takes a week or more to get approved, and their shipping method is as slow as possible), they not only refuse your refund, but keep your stuff! I foolishly ordered the design-flawed Moment anamorphic lens for the M2P for $300 and barely got my money back. Once I read all the problems with it (that they only disclose after shipping it to you), I asked to return it within 3 days of receipt! If you wait a week or two weeks after receipt to request a return, no way their ridiculous return "process" will get it back to them within 30 days! Buyer beware!

Last edited:
Just want to mention what good advice this was. By the time I saw your post (which was delayed because I was offline for awhile), I had decided to give some of the Moment filters a try. I didn't have anything to compare them to, but still, I didn't like them well enough to keep them. Although I ordered a set, each filter came in its own individual screw top case that was hard for my aging fingers to unscrew if the lid was on tightly at all. The filters fit tightly, which I liked. But they were harder to get on and off than the DJI standard filter -- which I didn't like. There was no tool provided to help. They might be fine for people with younger, stronger or more dexterous hands, but I was disappointed in them (I did love the red color, though. Looked really sharp on the drone). I decided I was better off with the PolorPro or Tiffins, which have strong reviews for good fit, neutral color, and nice removal tools. I got the Moment RMA processed and had the filters back in the mail within a couple of days after receipt. The return process was easy -- no questions asked. I should be well within the time frame, even with the slow return shipping. Your information was invaluable to make sure that the return worked as it should. Thanks!

Just want to mention what good advice this was. By the time I saw your post (which was delayed because I was offline for awhile), I had decided to give some of the Moment filters a try. I didn't have anything to compare them to, but still, I didn't like them well enough to keep them. Although I ordered a set, each filter came in its own individual screw top case that was hard for my aging fingers to unscrew if the lid was on tightly at all. The filters fit tightly, which I liked. But they were harder to get on and off than the DJI standard filter -- which I didn't like. There was no tool provided to help. They might be fine for people with younger, stronger or more dexterous hands, but I was disappointed in them (I did love the red color, though. Looked really sharp on the drone). I decided I was better off with the PolorPro or Tiffins, which have strong reviews for good fit, neutral color, and nice removal tools. I got the Moment RMA processed and had the filters back in the mail within a couple of days after receipt. The return process was easy -- no questions asked. I should be well within the time frame, even with the slow return shipping. Your information was invaluable to make sure that the return worked as it should. Thanks!
I bought a Moment CPL filter from Amazon for my Mavic Air.

Unfortunately, I can’t opine on the filter, because I haven’t been able to open the case!!

How did you open the case? I suppose I could use a couple of pair of pliers, but I’d rather not scratch up the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada