DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Monster 7,500 mAH Battery for Mavic 2 Pro

Conservative Nihilist

Reactions
Ali Express is currently advertising a massive 7500mAh extended range batter for the Mavic 2 Pro that costs an eye-watering $200 a pop, and I am actually surprised to find no mention yet about this ground-breaking range enhancement battery in this heavily visited forum.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005545080207.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5.1c43e02et8Yfyk&algo_pvid=9325c46a-fa6c-42e1-b308-92531e1ab0ff&algo_exp_id=9325c46a-fa6c-42e1-b308-92531e1ab0ff-2&pdp_npi=3@dis!USD!407.54!203.77!!!!!@212272e216860448383562191d07cb!12000033481753906!sea!CA!865320506&curPageLogUid=ExwPglyt0BrI

I have just ordered THREE of these types of jumbo batteries for my older Mavic 1 Pro at a more affordable $75 each, after reading a positive review that went into great detail regarding the seamless compatibility of these behemoth battery upgrades with the older Mavic 1 Pro, at the following link, at the very top of the page, written by forum member Crada.

In-depth review of Mavic Pro extended capacity battery (Hobbitec 6830mAh) - Performance and raised questions

As a drone flyer residing far beyond the claws of both FAA and CAA jurisdiction, I routinely fly my Phantoms and Mavics far beyond the RC controller's range, typically covering 7 miles round trip, BUT, I've always craved a battery that could deliver MORE flight range for both my Mavic 1 Pro and my Mavic 2 Pro. With the new jumbo Mavic 1 Pro batteries still inbound via slow boat from China, my thoughts turned to acquiring a couple of these same types of batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, and that in turn got me curious as to whether any other Mavic 2 Pro owners are already using these larger batteries, and if so, what their opinions are about them thus far.

So there you have it, fellow Brethren of the Mavic 2 Pro who yearn for greater flight time, the larger capacity plug-and-play battery of your salivating dreams has indeed arrived. To anyone out there who is already using one of these massive batteries, I would be most grateful for any reviews you could be kind enough to share here before I shell out the whopping $200 cost of these game-changing batteries, which for the Mavic 1 Pro are sold at a very affordable $75 on Ali Express. Curiously the Mavic 1 Pro extended flight time battery sells for TRIPLE the price on eBay, as it does on Ali Express, which is a huge discrepancy I find very odd, considering that the product description is identical.

Last edited:
I used to buy from AliExpress, but it was something that wouldn't possibly ruin or destroy thousands of dollars worth of drones. Wonder if an AliExpress employee wrote the reviews? I would be very careful, but if you do buy them, and they actually work as advertised, post your results here.
Good luck!

I used to buy from AliExpress, but it was something that wouldn't possibly ruin or destroy thousands of dollars worth of drones. Wonder if an AliExpress employee wrote the reviews? I would be very careful, but if you do buy them, and they actually work as advertised, post your results here.
Good luck!
I will likely be the first Mavic 2 Pro owner guinea pig when I buy one of these batteries in the near future. The Mavic 1 Pro version has been on sale for long enough to have earned a dishonorable mention if there were any compatibility problems, but this is pure speculation on my part, so with both models, I will be going out on a limb in trying these aftermarket jumbo batteries, such is my craving for more flight time.

I have a Mavic Pro with 3 batteries or I would be tempted to try one with long term good reviews. Will be interesting to see your results.

There have been quite a few videos on youtube showing various DIY piggy-backed batteries for the Mavic 1 Pro, but I wasn't willing to risk my drone by trying to replicate those concepts with my poor tech skills. I also learned that there was an issue with the battery level indicator telemetry with those jury-rigged battery setups and that key ambiguity was enough to dissuade me from trying to replicate those ad hoc setups.

With these new jumbo batteries for the Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, my understanding is that the battery level readouts are as accurate as they are with stock batteries, and that is a big deal when a drone is flying beyond RC signal range which is the case virtually all the time with my Litchi waypoint missions. I'll definitely post a user review in the Mavic 1 Pro forum when those Ali Express batteries show up, and again when I finally bite the bullet and buy the jumbo battery for the Mavic 2 Pro. Wish me luck haha.

Reactions: Clive Copeman
There have been quite a few videos on youtube showing various DIY piggy-backed batteries for the Mavic 1 Pro, but I wasn't willing to risk my drone by trying to replicate those concepts with my poor tech skills. I also learned that there was an issue with the battery level indicator telemetry with those jury-rigged battery setups and that key ambiguity was enough to dissuade me from trying to replicate those ad hoc setups.

With these new jumbo batteries for the Mavic 1 Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, my understanding is that the battery level readouts are as accurate as they are with stock batteries, and that is a big deal when a drone is flying beyond RC signal range which is the case virtually all the time with my Litchi waypoint missions. I'll definitely post a user review in the Mavic 1 Pro forum when those Ali Express batteries show up, and again when I finally bite the bullet and buy the jumbo battery for the Mavic 2 Pro. Wish me luck haha.
ok, you never updated us on this in this post.. did you buy one? how did it work out if so? Thanks

EDIT.. in regards to mavic 2 pro.. I did see other thread where you talk about flying the mavic pro extended batter..

Ali Express is currently advertising a massive 7500mAh extended range batter for the Mavic 2 Pro that costs an eye-watering $200 a pop, and I am actually surprised to find no mention yet about this ground-breaking range enhancement battery in this heavily visited forum.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005545080207.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5.1c43e02et8Yfyk&algo_pvid=9325c46a-fa6c-42e1-b308-92531e1ab0ff&algo_exp_id=9325c46a-fa6c-42e1-b308-92531e1ab0ff-2&pdp_npi=3@dis!USD!407.54!203.77!!!!!@212272e216860448383562191d07cb!12000033481753906!sea!CA!865320506&curPageLogUid=ExwPglyt0BrI

I have just ordered THREE of these types of jumbo batteries for my older Mavic 1 Pro at a more affordable $75 each, after reading a positive review that went into great detail regarding the seamless compatibility of these behemoth battery upgrades with the older Mavic 1 Pro, at the following link, at the very top of the page, written by forum member Crada.

In-depth review of Mavic Pro extended capacity battery (Hobbitec 6830mAh) - Performance and raised questions

As a drone flyer residing far beyond the claws of both FAA and CAA jurisdiction, I routinely fly my Phantoms and Mavics far beyond the RC controller's range, typically covering 7 miles round trip, BUT, I've always craved a battery that could deliver MORE flight range for both my Mavic 1 Pro and my Mavic 2 Pro. With the new jumbo Mavic 1 Pro batteries still inbound via slow boat from China, my thoughts turned to acquiring a couple of these same types of batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, and that in turn got me curious as to whether any other Mavic 2 Pro owners are already using these larger batteries, and if so, what their opinions are about them thus far.

So there you have it, fellow Brethren of the Mavic 2 Pro who yearn for greater flight time, the larger capacity plug-and-play battery of your salivating dreams has indeed arrived. To anyone out there who is already using one of these massive batteries, I would be most grateful for any reviews you could be kind enough to share here before I shell out the whopping $200 cost of these game-changing batteries, which for the Mavic 1 Pro are sold at a very affordable $75 on Ali Express. Curiously the Mavic 1 Pro extended flight time battery sells for TRIPLE the price on eBay, as it does on Ali Express, which is a huge discrepancy I find very odd, considering that the product description is identical.
I certainly hope it goes well for you. I would love a longer range option but a bit cautious from Ali as well. Good luck and looking forward to you posting your results!

ok, you never updated us on this in this post.. did you buy one? how did it work out if so? Thanks
The Ali Express battery exceeded my expectations and the round trip distance covered by my Mavic 1 Pro more than doubled from 6 miles with the stock battery, to 13.46 miles flown at 27 mph using the extended range battery, with the drone landing at 15% battery. I recommend this battery without reservation to any Mavic 1 Pro owner who is serious about maximizing the distance covered during autonomous Litchi waypoint missions.

I played with this before and this really works. However....
Take in consideration:
  • 2 batteries or doubling the capacity (Watts Hours) or MAH like marketing like to called does not mean you will get double flying time.
  • The more weight the drone has, the harder the electronics need to work and even when will be on the operational amps pulling numbers will be much less efficient consuming much more WH than with a single battery.
  • The flying stability and characteristics will be changed including the drone stopping power so do not relay on APAS because will not be accurate.
  • With these setup you will gain probably another 40-50% flying time than with one battery if you do not abuse of the power, otherwise will be much less.
I have these done for extending my time doing time-lapse shooting.

I played with this before and this really works. However....
Take in consideration:
  • 2 batteries or doubling the capacity (Watts Hours) or MAH like marketing like to called does not mean you will get double flying time.
  • The more weight the drone has, the harder the electronics need to work and even when will be on the operational amps pulling numbers will be much less efficient consuming much more WH than with a single battery.
  • The flying stability and characteristics will be changed including the drone stopping power so do not relay on APAS because will not be accurate.
  • With these setup you will gain probably another 40-50% flying time than with one battery if you do not abuse of the power, otherwise will be much less.
I have these done for extending my time doing time-lapse shooting.
I never expected that my Mavic 1 Pro's round trip range would more than double with that Ali Express larger battery installed. but that is precisely what occurred. The drone flew 13.46 miles round trip at 27 mph cruise speed assigned and landed after 30 minutes with 15% battery remaining. This was an astounding range boost that I could never have anticipated. By way of a disclaimer, I reside in a remote Third World backwater where drone laws simply don't exist, and thus I am free to fly far beyond visual range.

1703189760313.png

1703189795423.png

By cruising with more weight the drone does not to use much power to fight the wind resistance since has more momentum. This explain why cruising speed will be more efficient and you can have benefit from the extra WH. Weather has influence as well. I do not say does not work, it does but never expect doubling under normal operations. Check the drone temperature in both flies with and without the double battery and also the power consumption. You can see that in Airdata with the gold plan.

The Mavic Pro has a 43.6 Wh (original battery)
The extended battery is 6830Mah that is 6830 (6.83A X 3.7V) (nominal voltage per cell) = 25.2 WH per cell at 1C.
25.2WH x 3 Cells 75.6 WH the new battery (in paper)

Is not doubling the WH so they are using 2 inferiors battery together than the original. This is without calculate the power lost in transmission (efficiently) and assuming the battery specs are true that most likely most of the manufacturers love to inflate numbers in papers.

Only few cells like samsung, sony, LG, sanyo provide more than sheet says sometimes.

I am not an expert but if any electrical engineer or expert want to correct the statement please do so.

Last edited:
ok, but you keep saying mavic pro... this thread is asking about mavic 2 pro extended battery.. did you also buy and test a mavic 2 extended battery or just one the mavic pro.. please clarify.. thanks
By Jove you're right. This is the second time I've rambled on about Ali Express' extended range battery for the Mavic 1 Pro without realizing that the drone being discussed was NOT the Mavic 1 Pro. Such is my enthusiasm for the Ali Express lineup of larger-than-stock DJI drone batteries that I wax evangelical on the subject at the slightest provocation.

That said, I also happen to have recently purchased a similar extended-range battery from Ali Express for my Mavic 2 Pro, but haven't gotten around to conducting a do-or-die range test just yet. I am petty sure the results of the Mavic 2 Pro's range test will be comparable to the Mavic 1 Pro, and possibly even better in terms of overall round-trip distance traveled,

The Ali Express extra-range battery for the Mavic 2 Pro is nearly TRIPLE the $75 price of the extended-range battery for the Mavic 1 Pro, so I will be surprised if this pricier M2P battery fares any worse than the bargain-priced M1P battery in comparative flight duration testing. I will report back to this forum as soon as I run that round-trip distance test for the M2P with its after-market Ali Express power source.

Remember the batteries are discontinued by DJI. They can charge premium with junk cells inside. You do not have to much choices.

Now, i have to say, I have just good experiences with Aliexpress so far.

Remember the batteries are discontinued by DJI. They can charge premium with junk cells inside. You do not have to much choices.

Now, i have to say, I have just good experiences with Aliexpress so far.
I have only used these after-market M1P batteries for a short time, so it will be interesting to see how many charge cycles they will last before losing viability. Recalling that original DJI batteries for the M1P were selling for over $100 USD before their sale was discontinued, I do harbor some trepidation about the long-term use of these relatively new third-party battery designs that have not yet earned a track record of longevity.

I have only used these after-market M1P batteries for a short time, so it will be interesting to see how many charge cycles they will last before losing viability. Recalling that original DJI batteries for the M1P were selling for over $100 USD before their sale was discontinued, I do harbor some trepidation about the long-term use of these relatively new third-party battery designs that have not yet earned a track record of longevity.
To test my batteries always with a discharger. I have the 180W version. Is great.

Last edited:
Never heard of such a device but I'm getting one now. This is a far better alternative than optimistically hoping one's drone doesn't fall out of the sky due to sudden battery failure mid-flight. Many thanks for this timely drone-saving tip ZeusFl, sir.

Reactions: zeusfl
Never heard of such a device but I'm getting one now. This is a far better alternative than optimistically hoping one's drone doesn't fall out of the sky due to sudden battery failure mid-flight. Many thanks for this timely drone-saving tip ZeusFl, sir.
Exactly !!! You are welcome buddy !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme