DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Montana and Wyoming

Reactions
Hi everyone!

Looking for spots between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park in which I could fly my Mavic. Of course the National Parks are out of the question, but I bet there has to be s few sweet spots! Thank you!!

Hi everyone!

Looking for spots between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park in which I could fly my Mavic. Of course the National Parks are out of the question, but I bet there has to be s few sweet spots! Thank you!!

I'm sure looking on Google Maps -you'll find plenty. Then use one of the many apps to drill down on flight parameters.

While I did not do it at Yellowstone, if you stay in like Gardiner, MT - you can technically take off outside the park boundaries and fly some inside the park. North entrance to Yellowstone is there and some good drone opps close by.

I also flew outside of Grand Tetons and got some awesome pics and video of the Tetons while not even being in their airspace.

Not been to Glacier, but will possibly make a trip back up that way in a few months and will have my drones for sure. Got to be plenty of places to take off outside of park boundaries and still get some amazing pics / videos up at 300-400 feet AGL.

Hi everyone!

There are just about a million places! I have been spending summers for more than 20 years at the Big Sky Resort on the top of the mountain in a. rental condo. Although the resort does not like drones, there are many places in the resort area, as well as along the main road from Bozeman and Yellowstone to fly. The river rafting, the valley, off some of the side roads, etc. etc. Please view some of my Montana videos, either at my photo web site or my video web site. Driving from Bozeman to Glacier National Park is filled with fantastic scenery, including beautiful farming scenes, mountains, rivers, valleys, rocks, ....the options are virtually endless.

Here are the links and at least two Montana videos. You have to scroll through the Vimeo selection of over 110 films, but I've added these two to start. Hope this helps!

Photo web site. www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com
Video web site. Dale Davis,M.D.

Beartooth Pass enables driving (and flying!) in the high alpine.
The highway usually opens some time in mid-June.

We did a wonderful trip on the Beartooth Highway. One of America's most scenic drives. It is like an Alpine Highway. Plan on an overnight in Cody, or Red Lodge. Check out and eat at the "pig races" (Google it) about 5 miles out of town. You will have a blast! Also don't forget to get tickets for the Cody Rodeo. Famous, tremendously photogenic. Bring a long lens 300 is enough) to shoot the cute cowboy kids in Stetson hats and jeans.

I'm not sure which route you are taking but the Highway between West Yellowstone and Big Sky has some very scenic areas (some of which are still in Yellowstone). If you take the north route the road from Gardner, MT to Livingston, MT is also very scenic.

I'm not sure which route you are taking but the Highway between West Yellowstone and Big Sky has some very scenic areas (some of which are still in Yellowstone). If you take the north route the road from Gardner, MT to Livingston, MT is also very scenic.
I totally agree. Have driven that road many times and it is indeed scenic and I have included it on many occasions in my Montana videos. Part of the road actually runs through Yellowstone Park (National Park) but well outside the park gates and provides nice Gallatin River view, palisades, winding river scenes, etc. The entire road from Bozeman to West Yellowstone is a scenery rich road with spectacular scenery every inch of the way. Also great site for the river rafters and commercial rafting companies running the river practically all day long in the summer.

Paradise Valley between Gardiner and Livingston. Flathead Lake. Garnet ghost town. Swan Valley. And pretty much anywhere else between the 2 parks.

As for Wyoming, East of Yellowstone, the Bighorn Mtns, The Wind River Range. Thermopolis area.

Reactions: Duckhunter50
Paradise Valley between Gardiner and Livingston. Flathead Lake. Garnet ghost town. Swan Valley. And pretty much anywhere else between the 2 parks.

As for Wyoming, East of Yellowstone, the Bighorn Mtns, The Wind River Range. Thermopolis area.
Here is yet another of my Montana videos.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98