DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana shots-Saturday July 30- Ouzel Creek and golf course

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I stayed around the vast mountainside resort today looking for nice scenes to grab with my Mavic 3. Here are a few still shots of both the golf course and the small creek called Ouzel which holds some really nice little cutthroat trout. I have fly-fished this many times, but the water has usually been higher. This year there were floods and the entire architecture of the small mountain stream was altered . Now the water level quite low. This water drains into the main Gallatin River, goes which travels north to the Three Forks of Gallatin/Jefferson/Madison Rivers to join the Missouri River in Bozeman, and eventually joins the Mississippi.
Dale

Attachments

• BigSky Golf and Lone Mountain.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Ouzel creek-drone view.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Ouzel Creek-looking downstream.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • OuzelCreekBridge from above.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 22
Thanks Dale for sharing your Montana photos. I have a long time magnetism for Montana…why? My parents informed me, that when they moved west from Manitoba Canada in 1951 they took the northern US route to get to Vancouver Canada. Along that route they informed me, that I was conceived in Great Falls Montana.

I was born in Vancouver Canada the next year 1952. So, what I tell people is… I was manufactured in the USA, but retailed in Canada 😂. I have been through Montana since and I do feel the attraction. Again, great shots👍

Thanks Dale for sharing your Montana photos. I have a long time magnetism for Montana…why? My parents informed me, that when they moved west from Manitoba Canada in 1951 they took the northern US route to get to Vancouver Canada. Along that route they informed me, that I was conceived in Great Falls Montana.

I was born in Vancouver Canada the next year 1952. So, what I tell people is… I was manufactured in the USA, but retailed in Canada 😂. I have been through Montana since and I do feel the attraction. Again, great shots👍
Thanks for that small bio. My wife and I love the state of Montana. We nearly purchased a condo here several years ago. But we have been coming for 25 years. Montana is one of the dark skies sites that allow low light pollution for astrophotography, I was out last night until 1 AM. Here is an out take of a Timelapse video of the Milky Way I shot

Attachments

• MilkyWay.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: GFields