DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Moon and Mountian in July Mini 3 Pro (RC)

Stitched 30 5x AEB shots in Lightroom as Panorama HDR

View attachment 151579
It's a beautiful shot but you could have made it even better! In Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop, open Filter>Camera RAW> and open Masking tool. Using LINEAR mask, drag from bottom up with left mouse key, cursor to the horizon and select the bottom. Then open shadows, texture, and clarity. The commonest problem with these type of exposures is the high dynamic range. The drone sensor reads and exposes for the highlights (sky) and under-exposes the foreground. Your foreground is nearly totally black without any details. See before and after editing with masking tool.
click on image to enlarge.

Dale
Miami
Original.jpgEdited Vesion.jpg

Dale
Miami

Reactions: PHZ and 4006448
It's a beautiful shot but you could have made it even better! In Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop, open Filter>Camera RAW> and open Masking tool. Using LINEAR mask, drag from bottom up with left mouse key, cursor to the horizon and select the bottom. Then open shadows, texture, and clarity. The commonest problem with these type of exposures is the high dynamic range. The drone sensor reads and exposes for the highlights (sky) and under-exposes the foreground. Your foreground is nearly totally black without any details. See before and after editing with masking tool.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 151634View attachment 151635

Dale
Miami
That's nice Dale, but I sort of like the dark foreground making the mountain more the subject with the moon.

That's nice Dale, but I sort of like the dark foreground making the mountain more the subject with the moon.
That's quite alright. I'm just showing how the foreground can be recovered if you wanted it.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 151634View attachment 151635

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the info and demo!
I like the effect you achieved.
My take on this scene was to emphasize the mountian, moon and sky. I think that may be because I've seen my town so much, it's not that interesting to me, so perhaps I'm masking my own town. :)
Thanks again for the feedback, I'll give your method a try.
- Hal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris2607