DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Moon and Orion over Hendersonville, TN on Mar. 26, 2023

rickmurray1989

Reactions
Fellow pilots,

If you are interested in nighttime astronomical photos, then you need to check out the Mini 3 Pro. Here is an image that I captured a couple of nights ago of the Moon behind clouds, with the constellation Orion clearly visible in the left of the frame. I have been doing astrophotography for many years, using telescopes and wide-field lenses on cameras, and I don't think that I have ever captured anything much better than this, particularly in a single non-stacked frame.DJI_0580-Edit.jpg

Awesome photo!

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Awesome shot.
Just wish it were a tad bit wider field of view. I have delegated my mini 3 pro to low light shooting and use my air 2s for everything else.

Fellow pilots,

If you are interested in nighttime astronomical photos, then you need to check out the Mini 3 Pro. Here is an image that I captured a couple of nights ago of the Moon behind clouds, with the constellation Orion clearly visible in the left of the frame. I have been doing astrophotography for many years, using telescopes and wide-field lenses on cameras, and I don't think that I have ever captured anything much better than this, particularly in a single non-stacked frame.View attachment 162173
Excellent

Thanks. That 1.7 aperture coupled with just a tad bit of post-processing TLC can render amazing nightime images.
Great stuff.
I've been thinking of trying to photograph the aurora since we get them frequently this far north.
Do you shoot your night scenes in manual or automatic?

Great stuff.
I've been thinking of trying to photograph the aurora since we get them frequently this far north.
Do you shoot your night scenes in manual or automatic?
Have you tried it? I see there's a great aurora forecast for tonight, but I'm not very familiar with my Mini 3 camera yet. Just unboxed it 3 days ago. Could it possibly capture an aurora video?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead