DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Details About the Trump Assassin's Use of DJI Waypoint Flights to Preplan His Attack

Of course they have the logs and of course they know how to read them.

Here's what the article said, "Because there was no memory card in the drone, investigators could not determine what information about the site’s security the gunman gleaned from it, officials said."

The author of the article is not speaking for the Secret Service. The only thing to be concluded from that statement is that there was no memory card in the drone. The article does not say that "they cannot determine what he looked at."
Seems like we are splitting hairs. Isn't "investigators could not determine what information about the site’s security the gunman gleaned" the same thing as "they cannot determine what he looked at"?

In any event, no memory card was found in the drone when it was recovered from his vehicle. Whether there was one present during his flights is unknown.

Yet more details: No memory card found in the drone, so they therefore concluded no recording. Whether they accessed a .txt flight log from any device is still unclear, but possible. It would only give the flight path, but not the camera orientation during flight.

"He arrived around 3:45 p.m. and flew his drone around the site for about 10 minutes, officials said. Because there was no memory card in the drone, investigators could not determine what information about the site’s security the gunman gleaned from it, officials said. The gunman was a “highly intelligent” man who attended college and maintained steady employment."

"He conducted internet searches related to power plants, mass shooting events and the attempted assassination this year of Slovakia’s prime minister, FBI officials said Monday, offering new details about what they described as the gunman’s “careful planning” for the attack."

This shooter was definitely not a "poor planner" as some above have speculated.
Quite the contrary!

They also now believe that it may possibly have only been a bullet fragment that grazed Trump's ear, rather than an actual bullet, which might explain the minimal damage, and the lack of any resulting concussion from a bullet passing that close to the brain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/07/29/trump-assassination-attempt-fbi-updates/
It actually doesn't sound like he was a careful planner at all, but I'm comparing my military training to what the FBI is filtering to the media, which is filtering to us, so who knows.

Reactions: jaymc
I dont know.
Im not sure that going to college and holding down a a basic job makes someone highly intelligent
And if his careful planning includes googling how to shoot someone and other mass shooting events then i doubt this fellow is a genius mastermind.
Im sure he isnt an idiot, but from what i can ascertain, if the security of the event was even a little competent, and multiple failures hadnt occurred, his well laid plans would have been for naught.

Its like the swiss cheese model used for accident investigations. The holes all lined up on that day allowing him to take the shot.
Agree. But for the apparent miscommunication between police and USSS, and the inability of officers to correctly ascertain the grave danger on the roof for the 10 minutes they walked around the building looking confused, and the unfortunate coincidence of the two officers who would have had a view of him from their window leaving their post to look for him on the ground, this very much would have been a far different event, as they could have apprehended him many minutes before 6:11.

Reactions: anotherlab
@jaymc ..... despite what you think "Trumpet" was an unnoticed auto typing correction, I can't edit the post.

Last edited:
So it would appear from the lack of any thing of any detail pertaining to his flights that perhaps DJI isn't collecting everything and sending it home as "some people" spreading disinformation always say.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reartemis