DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More issues with exchanging 5'5 CS for larger one

Red Gecko

Reactions
Hi guys,
i am faced with a serious decision tomorrow, the salesman who sold me the 5.5 CS has said i can drive to Seville again tomorow and exchange the 5.5 for the larger 7.8 high brightness, but in an email he has stated it will definitely not work as he has tried it twice.. Everyone one of you guys here and on one other forum have all said the larger screen is compatible with Mavic Pro. My huge worry is if it doesn´t work and i will only know after activating it then i will not be able to get any refund or further exchange..

The email he sent me is below:

Good morning dear Gary,

I´m the salesman who attend you, Carlos. As I told you on the day of your visit and we talked by phone yesterday, the large monitors do not work with the Mavic Pro.

I am very sure of this, I receive training constantly, I work with the products and I perform the tests. In addition, all the information I have given you is reflected on the official website of DJI as I will show you in the attached picture. I also show you a forum post where administrators from DJI (no users) indicate that both 7.85 "monitors have been removed from Mavic Pro compatibility list after because normal usage was affected. I did the test myself with two monitors and I can certify it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CrystalSky 7.85" with Mavic Pro?

CrystalSky 7.85" with Mavic Pro? | DJI FORUM
forum.dji.com
Hello,Will the CrystalSky 7.85" work with the Mavic Pro?GreetingsMarco Poethke
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to return the product that you purchased, it must be in the same condition when you purchased it. That is, for example if the film has been removed, the product will suffer a -5% depreciation. And if the monitor has been activated we can not accept any return or exchange.

Currently we only have stock of the CrystalSky 7.85 "High Brightness, as a customer you are free to perform your own tests, but after all the information we have provided you, we can not accept a second change or return if it does not work unless it is exactly in the same conditions of sale, full brand new.

Thanks a lot, best regards.

................................................................................

He is quoting from another DJI forum, but i am still unsure as i am honestly a complete beginner with drones, all i want to do is get a reliable product and learn to fly it with the largest quality screen available as my eyesight is quite poor with the fiddly small mobile phone screen i have at the moment..

If i get the larger screen and have problems is there anybody here who can walk me through the process of activating the software so it recognizes the Mavic Pro.. i really can´t afford to lose nearly 700 euros as i can´t return it .......... Help!

Total ********. Their so-called training is just reading the website and memorizing the contents.

The only reason it's "not compatible" is because the Mavic Mount DJI sells for the Crystal Sky can't handle anything but the 5.5". All CS models are compatible with the Mavic, Spark, Air, and of course the rest of the lineup. What I would advise you to get, is the standard CS mount for the Phantom/Inspire drones, and purchase a FlyHighUSA mounting plate to put it on. Then the plate can be snugly fit in the RC phone holder. It's what I do.

I user a CrystalSky UltraBright 7.85" unit with my Mavic. No issues.

P.S. a "-5% depreciation" is a 5% appreciation. You should try and haggle because of that. :p

Total ********. Their so-called training is just reading the website and memorizing the contents.

The only reason it's "not compatible" is because the Mavic Mount DJI sells for the Crystal Sky can't handle anything but the 5.5". All CS models are compatible with the Mavic, Spark, Air, and of course the rest of the lineup. What I would advise you to get, is the standard CS mount for the Phantom/Inspire drones, and purchase a FlyHighUSA mounting plate to put it on. Then the plate can be snugly fit in the RC phone holder. It's what I do.

I user a CrystalSky UltraBright 7.85" unit with my Mavic. No issues.

The statement above (in red) is not true, below is the proof :) The only problems with DJI bracket (CrystalSky Mavic/Spark Remote Controller Mounting Bracket) for CS 7.85" monitors is the fact it is hard to fly drone having the monitor attached to the bottom of the controller and the monitor is mounted upside down.

20180704_174210.jpg

THE CS HIGH BRIGHTNESS WILL WORK WITH THE MAVIC!
Can't say anymore other than that.
The only problem, as stated above, is the MOUNTING of the screen and there are lots of different options available.
GET IT CHANGED and then come back and we can sort you out. You won't be disappointed, trust me.
I use the PolarPro mount.
Don't buy the DJI mount until you've explorere the other options available, it's too expensive.

Reactions: j.r.r.
UPDATE:

Hi guys,
i am so grateful for you help, i bit the bullet and did the 5 hour return drive to Seville from Malaga today and exchanged the little one for the 7.8,
still awaiting the Polarpro mount and lead from Amazon, hopefully the package will arrive tomorrow as we are flying off to the Canary Islands over the weekend..

UPDATE:

Hi guys,
i am so grateful for you help, i bit the bullet and did the 5 hour return drive to Seville from Malaga today and exchanged the little one for the 7.8,
still awaiting the Polarpro mount and lead from Amazon, hopefully the package will arrive tomorrow as we are flying off to the Canary Islands over the weekend..

Well done, welcome to the club. Hope your mount arrives OK.
Here's a good video on how to set everything up -

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll