Join Us Now

More lightning, more weather...

iaincaradoc

Photographer, weather geek, network engineer
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.photographybanned.com
Here's yesterday's still - from the ground, with my regular gear - a Nikon D750.

IMG_6587.JPG-1.jpeg

And here's tonight's shot, from the Mavic Air 2. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

IMG_6591.JPG

I love seeing storms...in Arizona!!!???

Awesome shots - did you use burst mode to capture the lightening or some other technique? Lightening can be difficult to capture - you nailed it!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Awesome shots - did you use burst mode to capture the lightening or some other technique? Lightening can be difficult to capture - you nailed it!

I’ve been shooting 4K60 and grabbing frames.

That's awesome that is why i bought a wetsuit so i can capture lightning .great job awesome

With our storms, you need to worry more about the 50-70MPH gust front that precedes the rain. If you look at the bottom edge of the second image, you'll see the dust wall on the ground that indicates the outflow.

I have to be on the ground before that hits, or I risk losing the drone entirely because it'll be blown into the next county. Almost did that on Sunday, and barely made it to land about 20 feet downwind of my launch point because the battery was *gone* by then.

I started my descent at about 1200 feet upwind and 400 feet up, and got blown downwind *fast*. Had to fight to come back about 200 feet upwind, or I would have had to do some climbing to retrieve it.

With our storms, you need to worry more about the 50-70MPH gust front that precedes the rain. If you look at the bottom edge of the second image, you'll see the dust wall on the ground that indicates the outflow.

I have to be on the ground before that hits, or I risk losing the drone entirely because it'll be blown into the next county. Almost did that on Sunday, and barely made it to land about 20 feet downwind of my launch point because the battery was *gone* by then.

I started my descent at about 1200 feet upwind and 400 feet up, and got blown downwind *fast*. Had to fight to come back about 200 feet upwind, or I would have had to do some climbing to retrieve it.
That's not good yes it's totally different weather here in Florida i got cought in a wall of rain and the sun was shining the water got into the battery compartment within 20 to 30 seconds i had to dry it out for a week but she still flys that's why i put the wetsuit on. Thanks for sharing God bless

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190