DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 More mountains?

Nice Photo!

Reactions: rickmurray1989
If you are in North Pole, you are doing a lot of travelling. As always, nice picture, nice scenery.

If you are in North Pole, you are doing a lot of travelling. As always, nice picture, nice scenery.
Yeah…Fairbanks/North Pole has little in the way of scenery, and that’s being kind. I typical day of shooting is 4-500mi of driving :). That photo was in Broad Pass and I think that’s about 250mi (?) My longest day was a loop down to the Denali Hwy and then across to the Richardson and then up and back to North pole. Sometimes I dive with a plan in mind. Other times…not so much. The sun is cooperative in the summer. If we had nice sunny days all the time I’d go broke paying for gas :).

Reactions: Rchawks
Nice shot!

I love the 7X tele on the M3!

Chris

Thanks, all. It was an interesting shot. Driving through Broad Pass leaves one with various perspectives on Denali. The foreground changes from this mile to that mile and with the stupid drone, flying up and down also changes the composition. I tried this from several different places at different altitudes because the clouds were really unique. Denali often creates clouds all around it, completely hiding it and it's about a 3hr drive (without stopping) to get to Broad Pass from my home. With all the shooting I did previous to this it had already been a 6 hr day so it was worth a bit more work to find a place where I could get the trees and foreground the way I wanted it. I appreciate the comments.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
Is Portage Glacier still there or did it melt away?

It has receded a LOT. No more burgy bits at the headquarters and it's a long way back to where you can see the glacier well. It's not entirely gone but yeah...super diminished like all of our glaciers to some degree or another.

Oh my akdrone that's a beauty ! You do have some of the best scenery areas available to yourself up there. Wow great shot and thanks for sharing !

Oh my akdrone that's a beauty ! You do have some of the best scenery areas available to yourself up there. Wow great shot and thanks for sharing !
thanks :). I think a lot of people live within 250 mi of something interesting LOL.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+