DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More on the blue dot

bravezoo63

Reactions
I use a Moto Stylus mobile device when flying my Mavic 3 and 2A. The Fly app and drones' firmware are all up to date. Yesterday, when flying my Mavic 3, I experienced the "blue dot out of position" issue that has been experienced by some others over the past months/years. The arrow on the blue dot pointing in the direction of my drone was also off by 90 degrees. The issue did not present itself when using the same Moto device and Fly app with my MA2. To no avail, I tried all the fixes that have been tried by others (recalibrating phone compass, drone compass, turning phone upside down in the RC holder, reinstalling the app and firmware, etc.). What did resolve the issue, at least for me, was removing the phone from the RC holder, which doubles as the RC antenna. With the cable connected to the RC, if the phone was moved even two inches away from the controller, the blue dot issue resolved itself. My questions...
* Is there an attachment for the standard Mavic 3 RC that would place the phone far enough away from the controller antennas to
mitigate whatever interference my phone is picking up to cause its magnometer to communicate incorrectly to the Fly app?
* Since I don't experience the issue with my MA2 which uses Occusync 2, might it be the stronger Occusync 3 signal on the Mavic 3 be
interfering with my Moto mobile device magnometer?
* Do I need to fly with a different phone that is perhaps better shielded from any Mavic 3 interference?
Thanks.

* Since I don't experience the issue with my MA2 which uses Occusync 2, might it be the stronger Occusync 3 signal on the Mavic 3 be interfering with my Moto mobile device magnometer?
* Do I need to fly with a different phone that is perhaps better shielded from any Mavic 3 interference?
Thanks.
The issue is the magnetic field of the controller is deflecting the compass in your phone.
You should recalibrate the compass in your phone with it attached to the controller (powered up).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3