DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More range with the Android 1.1.10 update

Kc5

Reactions
I'm one of many that didn't get very good range with my Mini. I've flown in the pretty rural area and deep into the farm land where there is no interference at all and could never get much beyond 1200 feet or so. The reflectors and yagi's didn't help much.
I've seen mixed reports on the Android 1.1.10 app helping with range.
Today I updated my Samsung Galaxy S9 with the new version and my range increased at least 30-35% before the high winds shut me down and I chickened out. I'll get a better test when calmer
I had to go to DJI directly to get the update since the Play store still only has the older version.
So far, this update helped me. YMMV.

The extra range was not specifically mentioned in the app release notes, so it might be a "placebo" effect. ;)
Couldn't see DJI not specifically announcing this extra performance if it was the case.

Reactions: maelstrom
Besides, how can an app make a range change when it's handled by the AC and RC and their firmware? To me it's like saying when I replaced my TV remote, I get better TV broadcast reception.

I'm one of many that didn't get very good range with my Mini. I've flown in the pretty rural area and deep into the farm land where there is no interference at all and could never get much beyond 1200 feet or so. The reflectors and yagi's didn't help much.
I've seen mixed reports on the Android 1.1.10 app helping with range.
Today I updated my Samsung Galaxy S9 with the new version and my range increased at least 30-35% before the high winds shut me down and I chickened out. I'll get a better test when calmer
I had to go to DJI directly to get the update since the Play store still only has the older version.
So far, this update helped me. YMMV.
I've noticed that if you hadn't run the previous update, then Play will still show the new update as the previous one.
Also if you manually installed an APK rather than from Play, then Play no longer offers updates for it.

Wow, I didn't expect my personal experience to be topic of dispute. When I got the Mini, I was somewhat disappointed in my range, to the point that I thought I may have got the CE version or had another problem. I was not not getting the performance that the majority of the the folks were getting on hundreds of Youtube videos. I saw the article on the DroneDJ website, about the update with "potential" range increases reported, and figured I had nothing to lose by going ahead and doing it.
My first flight, every time I fly at home, is to a lake that is about 1/4 mile from me. In 10 or so flights, I had never made it to the lakes edge. I can now fly across and all around the lake. Same experience flying to another lake the opposite direction.
I'm still a little new to the drone business, but not new to RF. I hold an Extra class ham radio license and have been an electrical engineer for a looong time. I'm still learning the RC side of things.
I have the flight logs to back up my test.
Maybe my combination of things is just now working like it should have from the beginning.

Maybe my combination of things is just now working like it should have from the beginning.

Could well be, or maybe something which was previously causing some interference isn’t any longer.

Wow, I didn't expect my personal experience to be topic of dispute. When I got the Mini, I was somewhat disappointed in my range, to the point that I thought I may have got the CE version or had another problem. I was not not getting the performance that the majority of the the folks were getting on hundreds of Youtube videos. I saw the article on the DroneDJ website, about the update with "potential" range increases reported, and figured I had nothing to lose by going ahead and doing it.
My first flight, every time I fly at home, is to a lake that is about 1/4 mile from me. In 10 or so flights, I had never made it to the lakes edge. I can now fly across and all around the lake. Same experience flying to another lake the opposite direction.
I'm still a little new to the drone business, but not new to RF. I hold an Extra class ham radio license and have been an electrical engineer for a looong time. I'm still learning the RC side of things.
I have the flight logs to back up my test.

Not disputing your observations, it's great your getting the extra range with the new version of the app.
We all hope that DJI have made the changes but we're skeptical as DJI have always promised support on their products but most times have not delivered.

Reactions: Davyc
Hi all for those who want to install the fly 1.1.10 apk which is not yet available with google play in all countries, I give you the link here, it is the official dji apk. is within the scope of the drone personally I also noticed a good improvement of the tests are already available on youtube on this subject.
Good flight everyone
DJI Fly 1.1.10 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph