Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More testing of the M2ED thermal camera

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I did more testing of the M2ED thermal camera this evening after sunset and in the dark. The Isotherm setting is not practical for searching in the open (perhaps in buildings?) I repeatedly tested all the palettes as it grew dark from 115 ft altitude and distances varying out to a little beyond 150 ft. Hotspot and Coldspot appear to be the most effective palettes at detecting in the dark. I still need to play with the ROI feature to see how well it maximizes contrast. I also need to try playing with high and low gain modes.

One thing is readily apparent: to get the most out of the thermal camera requires lots of practice in all different weather and lighting conditions. But if you know how to hit the "sweet spot" for the specific conditions you find yourself in, the thermal camera can be an effective tool for SAR operations ..... especially at night.

I will post video later this week.

Last edited:
Keep testing and sharing your findings, please. Interesting possibilities.

Taking creeper to a whole new level!
Seriously though, cool toy.
I joke because I dont have the dough for something like this!

Cannot wait to see you video.

I will have time tomorrow night to create the video and upload it. One thing that people seem to conveniently forget when criticizing the M2ED's thermal camera is that people from 125 ft in altitude in visible light are tough to spot unless you have a zoom camera. The video will show you both visible light and thermal from the same altitude and drone position.

Reactions: tleedom and AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman