DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Morning Hoar Frost.

Beautiful scenery
Thanks, sure looks nicer with the frost on the trees and snow covering the ground. It's pretty bland with everything looking dead in the fall after the leaves fall off before we get snow around here.

Took the mini 2 for a quick flight after uploading and installing the firmware update, tried to get some video of the hoar frost this morning after the foggy day we had yesterday.
Hi teeroy,
I hope you don´t mind if I "played around " a little bit with your video ? I corrected some of the stutters and I reversed some of the shots. It looks better when you show some of the shots in reverses modus because it look better when you reveal the shown in the video subjects.
cheers Paul

Reactions: teeroy
Nice video
Not sure if you know this but hoar frost is the perfect condition to get ice on your props. I have had it happen a couple of times. Here is a phot of my xstar all iced over in those conditions. Drones don't like to fly very well when this happens.
20201201_100238.jpg

Hi teeroy,
I hope you don´t mind if I "played around " a little bit with your video ? I corrected some of the stutters and I reversed some of the shots. It looks better when you show some of the shots in reverses modus because it look better when you reveal the shown in the video subjects.
cheers Paul
Thanks for a great example of some nice editing of great footage that makes it even better ! What editing tools do you use?

Thanks,
Chris

hanks for a great example of some nice editing of great footage that makes it even better ! What editing tools do you use?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,
you´r welcome, glad you like how I did it ? I use Edius 8.5 from Grass Valley since the beginning of Edius about 25 years ago!
cheers Paul

Hi teeroy,
cheers Paul
I've sure got a lot to learn about cinematography, that is amazing how a few edits can totally change a video. Nice work sir, and thank you for the example! I think I'll just send you all my drone videos going forward lol.

I've sure got a lot to learn about cinematography, that is amazing how a few edits can totally change a video. Nice work sir, and thank you for the example! I think I'll just send you all my drone videos going forward lol.
Hi teeroy,
glad to read that you liked the way I edited it, thanks, you´r welcome ? And don´t forget, no one is born a master. Little by little you will find out how to edit -and shoot- a video, to get it more interesting! Ok, you can send the footage to me...How much you pay for the job ??
Don´t forget this: to create an interesting drone video you also should make many ground-based shots of the different subjects. Mid-shots and close-up shots, Then in the editing you make a good mix between the drone and the ground shots. You will be surprised how much more interesting the video will be!
Good luck and happy flying Paul

Nice video
Not sure if you know this but hoar frost is the perfect condition to get ice on your props. I have had it happen a couple of times. Here is a phot of my xstar all iced over in those conditions. Drones don't like to fly very well when this happens.
View attachment 120307
Interesting for sure, I didn't get any ice buildup like that, it was a little windy and low humidity during the flight. The day before was very foggy, that is what created the hoar frost. I wish I had got out a little earlier, in the video you can see the thick frost falling off the trees. About a half hour before my flight every single tree branch and powerline had a thick coating of hoar frost almost like fur. By the time I got the update loaded and everything ready a lot of the frost was falling off from the wind.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Hi teeroy,
glad to read that you liked the way I edited it, thanks, you´r welcome ? And don´t forget, no one is born a master. Little by little you will find out how to edit -and shoot- a video, to get it more interesting! Ok, you can send the footage to me...How much you pay for the job ??
Don´t forget this: to create an interesting drone video you also should make many ground-based shots of the different subjects. Mid-shots and close-up shots, Then in the editing you make a good mix between the drone and the ground shots. You will be surprised how much more interesting the video will be!
Good luck and happy flying Paul
Thank you for the tips sir, I certainly appreciate them. I'll have to dig into my Adobe editing program to see if there is an option to reverse video like that, flying backwards is a skill I have yet to achieve any kind of proficiency, it sure made a big difference in this video.

Thank you for the tips sir, I certainly appreciate them. I'll have to dig into my Adobe editing program to see if there is an option to reverse video like that, flying backwards is a skill I have yet to achieve any kind of proficiency, it sure made a big difference in this video.
you´r welcome teeroy,
any editing program has the "reverse-option" You must not fly backwards. Fly forwards and then you reverse it in the editing. BUT ATTENTION! If there are vehicles, moving people and animals you should not reverse because every movement is backards ? As I sid before, no one is born a master and of course every beginning is rather difficult! ?
cheers Paul

you´r welcome teeroy,
any editing program has the "reverse-option" You must not fly backwards. Fly forwards and then you reverse it in the editing. BUT ATTENTION! If there are vehicles, moving people and animals you should not reverse because every movement is backards ? As I sid before, no one is born a master and of course every beginning is rather difficult! ?
cheers Paul
The not reversing video comment is great as I have seen others do it on rivers and thought why is the water going upstream LOL

The not reversing video comment is great as I have seen others do it on rivers and thought why is the water going upstream LO
Hi Augustine,
kine of a reversing river as it exists in Saint Johns New Brunswick Canada ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie