DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Frost and Fog over Partington....

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another cold winter's day dawns, this time with frost and foggy patches, again tansforming the familiar into something ethereal, adding an otherworldly touch of beauty to the mundane...

Captured early yesterday morning....

@AlbionDrones it made me feel cold just watching ;);) Suzanne ,just be careful of the dreaded prop icing
Thanks OMM, yup, I did a preflight 5 min test before flying off to check for icing, and also took care not to fly through the thicker bits of mist... Beter safe than sorry...

flying in and around foggy areas is always magical. well done, and thanks!
Thank you for watching and commenting, yup, fog can be amazing to capture on film...

Beautiful as always. What time were you flying-my guess dawn 07.30ish? Could be wrong? Do you have strobes to help you with VLOS?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Beautiful as always. What time were you flying-my guess dawn 07.30ish? Could be wrong? Do you have strobes to help you with VLOS?
Thank you... Yes, about 730am. I have 4 strobes, but only had 3 on the MINI3 Pro, red under the rear LH motor, green under the RH rear motor and a white strobe on the top. That way I can not only keep VLOS over a good distance, but also can ascertain which direction the drone is pointing. Our house affords a good open view of the sky over the village, so I move to keep VLOS and rise higher as I travel further, which then maintains the VLOS...

Reactions: twickers14
Another cold winter's day dawns, this time with frost and foggy patches, again tansforming the familiar into something ethereal, adding an otherworldly touch of beauty to the mundane...

Captured early yesterday morning....

Your video has all the qualities of a dream, a bit scary but very beautiful. Excellent!

• Love
Your video has all the qualities of a dream, a bit scary but very beautiful. Excellent!
Thank you, that was insightful and poetic...

Last edited:
Reactions: Joeblow
many movie directors would long for such a shot to start their film. Possibly the most dramatic pictures from a drone I have ever seen.

• Love
many movie directors would long for such a shot to start their film. Possibly the most dramatic pictures from a drone I have ever seen.
Thank you kindly... I will admit that it is quite 'Silent Hill'ish...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13