DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Most difficult flight up to now!

keep that dji insurance paid up and keep posting!

Reactions: alex_markov
Hey... I like that idea... hang some electric clippers...or maybe a chain saw for that tree limb. Oh...it would require a Part 107. Drat.

• Haha
@alex_markov , maybe time to let the crutches go & take the same route in full manual ;)
I don't believe it will happen anytime soon ;) I have tried several times M mode and I can handle it somehow But far from what is required to survive in a place like this ;) :) I miss diving and rapid descends but I am gonna miss them for some time ;) :)

Reactions: Romi
I don't believe it will happen anytime soon ;)
Depends on how much effort you're prepared to put into the flying skills alone...

I started to fly quads (that lacks GPS & height hold support, & without prop guards) in full manual 2020... put all photography & videoing on hold & focused on the flying only. One year in, I was a confident flyer with enough skills to adapt speed & react out from muscle memory on the sticks in order to manage close proximity flying in unknown terrain... but still a bit too afraid of crashing, always flew better in the simulator than in reality.

Today a route like in your vid isn't impossible... will of course require some pre-planning, walking the track & noting off all kinds of "ghost" branches & such, taking several laps slowly picking up the speed and having a couple sets of spare props at hand... then just send it :p

If I could learn, I'm sure you can also... try to just focus on the flying skills (manual) each second battery... or outing & see if thing's improve over time, the flow through your videos would be so much better in manual.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400