DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most favored Weather App

Rchawks

Reactions
What is the most accurate weather app for guessing what the wind and conditions might be 2 to 3 days out instead of the current conditions?

I like Windfinder. Good wind forecast several days out.

I'm using UAV forecast, ventusky, and dark sky free versions. If anything they all are off a bit. Dark sky has some nice features for a free version and is more of a total forecast app. Ventusky is quick to display wind directions on a large map but like dark sky only has surface wind speed. UAV forecast is nice as it shows wind speeds at different heights. The main page offers up most of what I need to know about such as speed, direction temps plus visibility and sats visible. It also notifies you of DJI NFZ's nearby.

I like Windy. I use it for sailing forcasts too. It seems to be pretty accurate when looking a couple days for, better than most for sure
I use Windy.
I work offshore and we also use it to compare with our custom, paid for, location forecasts. It's frequently better than the paid for ones.

Reactions: Mrmund
Isn't UAV only free for the current day though ?
i had a quick look and it only shows today unless you pay $23.
Could be. I’ve only used it for current conditions.

I use Windy.
I work offshore and we also use it to compare with our custom, paid for, location forecasts. It's frequently better than the paid for ones.
I just looked and there are so many "Windy" apps- which one are you talking about specifically???

I use UAV Forecast, paid edition. Seems to be pretty accurate for me.

Not sure if it's available outside of the UK, but BBC Weather is great along with UAV Forecast (which I find sketchy occasionally).

Airdata UAV gives you a 24hr forecast in 1 hr increments.

Screenshot (Mar 21, 2020 9_04_32 AM).png

Currently available on Android only (iOS in development)

Reactions: Rchawks
Oh go on, I'd like to take a look at the photography app you mentioned elsewhere

Ok here is my app :)

Working on adding a drone forecast to it presently and completely re-designing the UI to be a bit more modern and easier to use. Hoping to have the update done in the next few weeks but Coronavirus has been slowing me down.

There is a monthly subscription for some enhanced features which help me pay for the fees to keep the app running. I'll be making a promo code for MavicPilots users to get the subscription for free when the update comes.

If you have any suggestions or improvements let me know via private message and I'll try to get them into the update.

I had lost a drone to bad weather sometime back. I have tried climacell.co with positive results so far. The real problem is handling the drones during strong gusts of winds, and weather apps don't give a lot of details about that.
@ Photogad, will check out your app :)

Reactions: Rchawks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121