DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Most Logged Flight Time/Distance/flights so far?

RallySoob

Reactions
Lets see how much use you guys are getting out of your birds?

Would you say that your specific Mavic Pro has proven itself reliable long term?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My farthest flight was 19,646 feet out. It didn't make it home because the wind was too high and the battery got too low for a full return to home. But I did land it safely in a field and it was amazingly still there when I went to pick it up!

Seriously the range is incredible on this thing, I was streaming perfect video quality for the entire duration of the flight. Amazing when battery is the limiting factor and not signal.

Received the mavic on 12/7 and have 6hrs flight time so far. furthest distance is 16,134 ft. Still had good signal but not enough battery to go any further.

Can I log my time looking into the Mavic on MavicPilots since I ordered from Amazon and haven't seen crap out of that order yet? Lol

Fly Safe, Fly Legal, and Protect Our Hobby! -Jay

So less then a week with the Mavic...and no where near you guys yet. But my fastest speed was 45 mph, and farthest distance was 3060. Mainly because I was looking visual sight of the drone and didn't feel comfortable going beyond visual range. Here's the video of the flight with data overlayed:

So less then a week with the Mavic...and no where near you guys yet. But my fastest speed was 45 mph, and farthest distance was 3060. Mainly because I was looking visual sight of the drone and didn't feel comfortable going beyond visual range. Here's the video of the flight with data overlayed:

How did you get the data overlay like that? Its pretty neat. Also, coming from a P3S, I was nervous about long distance flights as I would normally lose signal at 600 feet, but the Mavic is almost hard to believe with its incredible range.

How did you get the data overlay like that? Its pretty neat. Also, coming from a P3S, I was nervous about long distance flights as I would normally lose signal at 600 feet, but the Mavic is almost hard to believe with its incredible range.

Mentioned it in the video since I get some many questions about it. I use an app called RaceRender which is for the Mac (what I edit on). I grab the flight data from HealthDrones and then overlay it on the video. I did create the template for how that looks and am working on making more data on it available...but it's slow going. Once the template is done, I'll release it to the community to use.

I came from a P3S and the farthest I went with that was 2600 and I stood on bleachers to get higher and used a foil extender. But was losing video at that range and used Litchi to make sure it flew ok. But with the Mavic at 3060 feet I had no video issues and could have gone much further. But the big issue for me was getting back....I had a tailwind going out of 15 mph and got 45 mph. But on the way back in sports mode - the fastest it would go was 15 mph. So needed to make sure I had enough battery to make it back. I do have a friend who lives on a farm I'm hoping to visit when the weather is nicer to see if I can get longer range.

Last edited:
88c98da6a28988e9d4032f4075d04e80.jpg

First long distance flight with my Mavic 16573 ft. I have about 12 hr flight time in DJI go app with my other drones.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Mines still in my box horrible weather here in the uk atm four Phantom 3 Advanced and One Mavic

Attachments

• IMG_0134.PNG
    IMG_0134.PNG
    606.1 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Marshy
received mine on the 9th and I've flown it a total of 20 mins. Crashed it already in my Xmas tree inside my house. It's been raining almost everyday here in California so hoping this weekend clears up so I can fly her more.

Since Xmas.<br />So good to fly. Great piece of engineering.<br />No problems except one battery was DOA. Still waiting for RMA.<br />
studio_20170113_064259-png.4027

What process are you going through about battery . I also have a dead one and they asked me to make a quick video . I'm wondering what will happen next . Do I need to send it back

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Plutos logs are for a Phantom 3 and not a Mavic.

I don't trust the DJI flight log system. It is unreliable. I find Healthydrones to be better with added benefit of it capturing Go & Litchi flights and not doubt those from other apps too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu