DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motion Timelapse and Stabilization in FCPX

kyebach

Reactions
Hello all. I have had great luck taking motion timelapses while keeping my Mavic Air still, however, if I try a moving timelapse the stabilization leaves a lot to be desired. I am using FCPX. Can any of you recommend a better stabilization plugin than the default stabilization built into FCPX? I see the majority of talk is between Lock and Load and BetterStabilizer. Does anybody have experience with either or both of these plugins?

Please see my two most recent still timelapses below:

Here is a timelapse with movement. I did try to stabilize it but it is not as smooth as I would like:

I'm curious if you ever found anything. I'm just starting to work with drone hyperlapses and finding that the stock stabilization in fcpx just doesn't work well with the type of motion you get in a drone.

Hi SteelFlyer. In my testing the Lock and Load FCP plugin from CoreMelt did the best job in my testing, mostly because it has the ability to force tripod mode. FCP will only give you the tripod mode setting if it deems the video is still enough. Lock and Load lets you force tripod mode regardless of the video. You can download a demo of Lock and Load and try it yourself. Please note I have not affiliation with CoreMelt, it was just the best from my testing.

Lock and Load X: The Fastest, Most Powerful FCP X Stabilizer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69