DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor current error, firmware or more serious?

emporer

Reactions
Ok, so having had my MA since Jan I've flown half a dozen times and its been great, no problems other than the usual high wind velocity warning that seems to happen even in the slightest wind,lol. Anyway so I've been wanting more range and did the FCC hack, todays flight was the first since and the range was superb with a rock solid video feed, I did a 12 min flight and let the drone sit and cool down for 15 mins then stuck a new battery in and took it up again, got about 1km away and it flashed up with motor current error, not knowing what it is I turned it around and came straight back, from the video feed it seemed perfectly fine.

I got back home and googled the issue and it appears DJI have confirmed its a f/w issue and will be fixed in the next update and to disregard it, so I was happy with that until I imported the video and just watched it back, at the exact point of getting the message the video goes a little shaky, not all over the place but definitely something unsteady, lasts a couple of seconds and is fine after that.

So really my question is this, if its just a glitch in the f/w and reporting a false error I shouldn't be getting the shaky wobble for a couple of seconds when the message flagged up should I? the fact it was a little wobbly has me concerned that it may actually be something physically wrong ie motor.

Am I overthinking this and just being paranoid?

I have notice that only in sport mode and only once every 5 or flights, I will be going in a straight line for a full throttle run and the spark will just stutter for second very audible too. Then carry on like nothing happened. But I have not got that error as of yet still weird feeling to see the popup onscreen.

Its an odd one for sure, it may well just be the random error that DJI have confirmed is an issue with the firmware but the little wobble on the video made me think could it actually be a motor current error. I'll be taking it up again today so fingers crossed it don't fall out of the sky!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000