DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor speed error. To me!!!

I've only had my MIni since mid April. Since then I've experienced Motor Speed Error twice while flying in normal conditions. In both cases, the left rear was the problem. I replaced both the set of props in the left rear and resumed flying. Two days ago the same problem occurred for the third time but in this case both rear props indicated issues. I have the latest firmware installed. Following a lengthy wait for a chat with tech service I was told to mail the unit in to a service center with the props. At least they sent me a UPS label. I'm going to be without the Mini for a couple of weeks. I sure wish they'd rectify this problem!

I was designing an airfoil that gave lift in both directions without a pitch change. Almost sounds counter intuitive, but proven in wind tunnel tests!)

That sounds incredible and, I admit, very counterintuitive. I can't comprehend how it is possible at all (wouldn't lift vectors cancel each other out, on the same airfoil?) Can you elaborate, or is it a trade secret?

It was based on a airfoil profile that was like an upside down smile or arc - a bit like the slats on a metal venetian blind. It's far from an ideal airfoil but it does generate reasonable lift moving forwards as well as backwards.

Reactions: fGene
It was based on a airfoil profile that was like an upside down smile or arc - a bit like the slats on a metal venetian blind. It's far from an ideal airfoil but it does generate reasonable lift moving forwards as well as backwards.

Oh, I get it now... For some weird reason I thought you were claiming its ability to generate lift both normally and when flipped over, while flying in the same direction... My English is likely to blame here (it is my second language). As for the arc - shaped profile generating lift vector towards convex side -- this is Bernoulli's principle in action.

Last edited:
Reactions: scro
This week i became the same issue warning in the App for the thame motor. After a second fly everything is fine. I use the FMC case.

Only new never hit anything. However landed on short grass which was a bit longer than I thought ????????
Lol well in my opinion that mini def grinded against something. Hand catching is alot easier than you thibk dobt worry about your fingers just hold ur hand so ur plam is higher than your fingers.. once the body is in your hands don’t move till your blades stop

i always hand catch however for some reason i like to take off from ground and I never use the take off button ialways start motors with the sticks

Reactions: Xanadu