Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motorcycle group Video

ZX14-R

Reactions
Brisbane (Northside), Queensland Australia
Motorcycle Meeting.

Seriously man.
Its fella's like you that are the cause of all the new regulation.....
Casa is going to go to town on you with such blatant flaunting of the rules.....

Reactions: Thomas B and Phill
Seriously man.
Its fella's like you that are the cause of all the new regulation.....
Casa is going to go to town on you with such blatant flaunting of the rules.....

I guess ya didn't like the video then ??

It might be there are two observations that are reasonable. You have no clue about the regulations or you understand what they are and choose to ignore them/think your special and they don’t apply to your conduct.

You wouldn’t be alone in either case however expecting people to not share their opinions would be silly.

Reactions: PAW and Simmo

Simmo wasn't commenting on the video..... we all want to both have fun AND earn an income from our drones, and you should be able to do this as well, and more power to you... you obviously want to get into it.
But please, please...... know the regs... the 'rule book' used to be a lot thinner than it is today, and it's folk like yourself who are making it thicker for all of us......
I know you want to be reasonable, but please stick to the rules, otherwise all of us will go down.....

And please keep posting your videos (the legal ones)... FWIW, (and I'm trying to be helpful here), they are a bit underexposed, and also too long..... the 11 minutes of flying over trees was way too much... maybe put a few transitions in??? And why post a DLOG video???? post the graded version (Hervey Bay), but NOT 15 minutes! :) :) :)

This is a great forum, and people here are very helpful...... take any criticism as being constructive criticism, and intended to help... people on here don't flame..... you should have seen MY first efforts..... they were absolute @#$*, but to me, they were better than Stanley Kubrick ever produced!

Simmo wasn't commenting on the video..... we all want to both have fun AND earn an income from our drones, and you should be able to do this as well, and more power to you... you obviously want to get into it.
But please, please...... know the regs... the 'rule book' used to be a lot thinner than it is today, and it's folk like yourself who are making it thicker for all of us......
I know you want to be reasonable, but please stick to the rules, otherwise all of us will go down.....

And please keep posting your videos (the legal ones)... FWIW, (and I'm trying to be helpful here), they are a bit underexposed, and also too long..... the 11 minutes of flying over trees was way too much... maybe put a few transitions in??? And why post a DLOG video???? post the graded version (Hervey Bay), but NOT 15 minutes! :) :) :)

This is a great forum, and people here are very helpful...... take any criticism as being constructive criticism, and intended to help... people on here don't flame..... you should have seen MY first efforts..... they were absolute @#$*, but to me, they were better than Stanley Kubrick ever produced!

This video is very close to my house where I took off from. The intent of the video is to film the VACANT block of land under the power lines under development.

This video is very close to my house where I took off from. The intent of the video is to film the VACANT block of land under the power lines under development.

ZX14 --- please don't take this as a flame... I'm just trying to keep you right, and to help... keep flying your drone, keep posting your videos, keep learning (same for all of us), but please brush up on the regs.
You are obviously proud of your videos and flying your drones... and good on you for that... keep doing it.
Other than this post, I wont be posting any more on this subject... if you want to have a chat, PM me... I'm happy to help where I can (I'm a fairly newbie as well, having only had my RePL and ReOC for less than a year)

To the point though.....
As Simmo said in his last post.... you are referring to the wrong video.... I was referring to the video in this post, ie, the 'Joes Diner' bikie gathering.
That one was positively, definitely, unquestionably, emphatically, undoubtedly, unequivocally, unambiguously, unashamedly, certainly, absolutely.... illegal!

The video that you were referring to (the vacant block), was also illegal, as are some of your other ones.....
If you wanted to video, lets say, hhhmmmmmm, let me see now.... lets say a vacant block under construction on Samsonvale Rd for example, you should go to the block, set a waypoint flight to fly within the boundaries of the block, don't go too high, etc, etc, etc...... Just taking off from your own property doesn't make the flight legal.

I myself absolutely hate all these rules and regulations, as I am sure many others do as well, but its understandable why they are getting more and more strict.
As we all know... people who don't fly drones, think that anyone who does, is either a pervert, a peeping tom, a child molester, a spy, a crook who is casing their joint for a robbery, or worse.
Lets not give them more reason to complain and make it harder for us all, not to mention all the hassles that we would have with the cops, CASA, Local Councils, State Govts, Federal Govts, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all! :) :)

Reactions: Simmo
The bikers did not seem worried. All adults able to move quickly so probably OK. Lots of kids probably best avoided. Interesting video but get a train passing next time!

• Wow
Reactions: queeg730 and Simmo
The bikers did not seem worried. All adults able to move quickly so probably OK. Lots of kids probably best avoided. Interesting video but get a train passing next time!

Does that include the few in wheelchairs??? ?

I'm trying to be light here, and not flame or overly criticise, but lets all try to keep it legal.
I know that's difficult to do at times, and also that the rules can be ambiguous, but there is the "technically" illegal, and then there is the "blatantly" illegal.... (like this biker vid).
Lets all learn from each other, and not take any criticism as negative... we are one big family here.

I sure know that I for one have a heck of a lot to learn, and appreciate people telling me where I am wrong, whether that be in regards to legality, or in regards to the technicalities of video & photos, or in the editing process, or whatever else.
Once I know where I am going wrong, I can fix it.... win / win!

ZX14... keep posting your (legal) videos, but maybe push the exposure up a little???

Reactions: Simmo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise