DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motorola G8 Power Compatibility With DJI Fly V 1.2.2

scooterjer

Reactions
I have looked at the compatibility list on the DJI site and my newish (2020) Motorola G8 Power is not included.

I can see from research that there are other brand/model phones that have been found to work and I am just hoping to find if there are any Motorola G8 Power owners who can let me know whether my phone will work or not with the Mini 2.

I don't want to outlay £549 only to find that my phone is not going to work with this excellent drone.

Thank you in advance.

scooterjer

Reactions: RobotBee
Hiya mate. Nothing on the forum, but I did find this on the official DJI forum - moto g8 power compatibility See post numbers 10 and 11.

It looks like good news. ?

I have looked at the compatibility list on the DJI site and my newish (2020) Motorola G8 Power is not included.

I can see from research that there are other brand/model phones that have been found to work and I am just hoping to find if there are any Motorola G8 Power owners who can let me know whether my phone will work or not with the Mini 2.

I don't want to outlay £549 only to find that my phone is not going to work with this excellent drone.

Thank you in advance.

scooterjer
Hi Scooterjer. I don't know if it will be useful but I fly my Mavic Mini 1 with a Motorola One Macro (DJIFly 1.2.1) and I have no problems. It seems to me that the G8 Power is more powerful so it should work. My problem with the Moto One Macro is that it doesn't have a magnetometer (I can't load any compass apps from the Google Store). This I think affects the use of the orientation display while flying, so I don´t pay attention to this feature. I hope this problem is solved for my cell phone when I install DJIFly 1.2.2 which is not yet available in Google Playstore. Regards. PS: If any of you have or had the same problem please reply here.

Hi Scooterjer. I don't know if it will be useful but I fly my Mavic Mini 1 with a Motorola One Macro (DJIFly 1.2.1) and I have no problems. It seems to me that the G8 Power is more powerful so it should work. My problem with the Moto One Macro is that it doesn't have a magnetometer (I can't load any compass apps from the Google Store). This I think affects the use of the orientation display while flying, so I don´t pay attention to this feature. I hope this problem is solved for my cell phone when I install DJIFly 1.2.2 which is not yet available in Google Playstore. Regards. PS: If any of you have or had the same problem please reply here.
Thanks for that Bob, very helpful.

Did you know you can download version 1.2.2 now directly from the DJI site (download section)?

scooterjer

Thanks for that Bob, very helpful.

Did you know you can download version 1.2.2 now directly from the DJI site (download section)?

scooterjer
Oh yeah, I already read about it. But I also see contradictory opinions on the Fly 1.2.2. As my cell phone is rather mid-range, it is possible that it generates more problems than solutions. For my Mini 1 the only change would be precisely the orientation display. I would very much like to have it but I prefer to wait a bit, I am not in a hurry. The Mini 1 is my second drone (I started with a Tello) and I am very happy. I try to fly as safe as possible to protect the investment. Regards.

Oh yeah, I already read about it. But I also see contradictory opinions on the Fly 1.2.2. As my cell phone is rather mid-range, it is possible that it generates more problems than solutions. For my Mini 1 the only change would be precisely the orientation display. I would very much like to have it but I prefer to wait a bit, I am not in a hurry. The Mini 1 is my second drone (I started with a Tello) and I am very happy. I try to fly as safe as possible to protect the investment. Regards.
I understand Bob.

I have read some negative comments myself.

scooterjer

S

Thank you in advance.

scooterjer
So just to confirm before I buy one... Does the G8 Power work with the Mini 2/DJI Fly?

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu