DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mount Bromo

gnirtS

Reactions
Just finished 3 weeks travelling overland across bits of Indonesia and 30+ drone flights in the process.
The volcanoes are impressive but very strong winds meant the sunrise planned flights (and sometimes daytime) weren't going to happen.
Dry season across the region as well so everything is more brown and dusty instead of tropical green.
In either case, well worth a visit.

First a few pictures from Mount Bromo (mostly on arrival afternoon before the dust storms arrived...)

Welcome to hell!
by Richard Whitcombe, on Flickr

Mount Batok

Old lava flows and sea of sand at Bromo

Mount Bromo late afternoon

Gorgeous photos! Did you enjoy the trip? I'm Indonesian btw. What's your nationality?

That's massive!

Gorgeous photos! Did you enjoy the trip? I'm Indonesian btw. What's your nationality?

Im British (although i dont live there). Used to work in Indonesia a few year ago so know bits of it well.

Its a great country but the usual frustrations, more people trying to scam and rip tourists off for buses,trains,boats than anywhere else in the world but if you do your research and ignore them its fine.
Java annoys me as its hard/impossible to rent a motorbike to get around yourself so have to rely on public transport.
Everywhere else its easy and cheap to get a bike and get yourself around.

This trip was only short (3 weeks) for work reasons so managed to get to Java and do Mount Bromo, Ijen then train/ferry to bali.
Bali doing the usual Sanur, Batur, Bratan, Twin lakes, Ubud. Then to Nusa Lembongan, Penida and finishing on the Gili islands for a few days.
38 drone flights i think. Sadly the wind stopped me doing the volcano flights i really wanted and the end of the dry season is the worst time to come as everything looks brown and dusty but had no choice in the schedule.

Reactions: PS01

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760