DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mount Pisgah North Carolina at the Blue Ridge Parkway

NICE, BEEN IN THE AREA, BUT NOT WITH A DRONE.

Reactions: MPone
I love watching your videos of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is my hope when I retire in three years to move to Knoxville and spend a lot of time hiking in the Smokey Mountains there. So, I especially like your mix of aerials and ground level trail shots. Beautiful. Nice job. However, I'm not a big fan of the music cut you picked but that's just my tastes.

Nicely done. I’m in Blairsville, Ga at the southern end of the majestic Appalachain mountains.

I love watching your videos of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is my hope when I retire in three years to move to Knoxville and spend a lot of time hiking in the Smokey Mountains there. So, I especially like your mix of aerials and ground level trail shots. Beautiful. Nice job. However, I'm not a big fan of the music cut you picked but that's just my tastes.

Thanks for your kind comments. I'll try to do better on the music.

Really nice video. Would you know the function of the tower? And, also where the name Pisgah comes from.
(I worked on Comms maintenance for the CAA and they have a RX station called Pisgah here in Scotland.)

Really nice video. Would you know the function of the tower? And, also where the name Pisgah comes from.
(I worked on Comms maintenance for the CAA and they have a RX station called Pisgah here in Scotland.)

Pisgah like a name in the bible, an area, a mountain summit in the land of Moab, in the territory of Reuben, where Balak offered up sacrifices.

From Wikipedia:
The prominent tower in the picture at the crest of Mount Pisgah, on what is known as Pisgah Ledge, is a 339-foot-tall (103 m) television broadcast tower owned by Chesapeake Television, Incorporated, doing business as the Sinclair Broadcast Group, licensee of WLOS TV 13.x, transmitting on VHF channel 13, from nearby Asheville, North Carolina. It is the highest television antenna east of the Mississippi River, at 2,814 feet (858 m) above the surrounding valley floor, and 6,023 feet (1,836 m) above mean sea level, according to the Federal Communications Commission. Co-located on the tower is WUNF-TV 33.x on UHF channel 25, WKSF FM 99.9, WXL56 on 162.400 MHz from the Greenville/Spartanburg office of the National Weather Service, and ham radio vhf (146.760 N2ge). From this location, the stations cover the western Carolinas media market. Due to the terrain shielding of the surrounding mountains, and the much lower and flatter Piedmont (and therefore much greater height above average terrain) toward the southeast, the stations actually cover much more of South Carolina than they do North Carolina.

Pisgah like a name in the bible, an area, a mountain summit in the land of Moab, in the territory of Reuben, where Balak offered up sacrifices.

From Wikipedia:
The prominent tower in the picture at the crest of Mount Pisgah, on what is known as Pisgah Ledge, is a 339-foot-tall (103 m) television broadcast tower owned by Chesapeake Television, Incorporated, doing business as the Sinclair Broadcast Group, licensee of WLOS TV 13.x, transmitting on VHF channel 13, from nearby Asheville, North Carolina. It is the highest television antenna east of the Mississippi River, at 2,814 feet (858 m) above the surrounding valley floor, and 6,023 feet (1,836 m) above mean sea level, according to the Federal Communications Commission. Co-located on the tower is WUNF-TV 33.x on UHF channel 25, WKSF FM 99.9, WXL56 on 162.400 MHz from the Greenville/Spartanburg office of the National Weather Service, and ham radio vhf (146.760 N2ge). From this location, the stations cover the western Carolinas media market. Due to the terrain shielding of the surrounding mountains, and the much lower and flatter Piedmont (and therefore much greater height above average terrain) toward the southeast, the stations actually cover much more of South Carolina than they do North Carolina.
Thank you very much for that information. I suppose I could have got the info from Google but I thought if it was for communications (as it is I suppose) then local knowledge would have sufficed. Again, many thanks!

I have visited New England for Fall foliage...and it is spectacular.....but it is kids' stuff compared to this...WOW! that is beautiful.....also thank you for explanation of the word Pisgah

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka