DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mountains Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO After a Huge Snow Storm

eutx9795

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just 90 minutes from Madrid city (Spain) is the Sierra del Rincón. A place unknown to many and loved by many others, if what you are looking for is to disconnect, walk and above all rest from the big city, this is your destination. No, this is not the Sierra de Guadarrama, so you are guaranteed to be away from the crowds.

The Sierra del Rincón, one of the most spectacular natural sites in the Region of Madrid, was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in June 2005 thanks to its rich landscape, the representativeness of its Mediterranean ecosystems and its model of biodiversity conservation. Since that year, it has been part of the World Network of Biosphere Reserves set up in 1976 by UNESCO and currently made up of approximately 500 privileged sites in more than 100 countries around the world.

In addition to these great natural attractions, we must add the value of the cultural, artistic and architectural heritage of the urban centres of the five municipalities that make up this Biosphere Reserve. Horcajuelo de la Sierra, Montejo de la Sierra, La Hiruela, Prádena del Rincón and Puebla de la Sierra conserve almost intact very interesting constructions and houses and buildings for agricultural use of a very characteristic rural typology that make these villages charming places where time seems to stand still.

ust 90 minutes from Madrid city (Spain) is the Sierra del Rincón. A place unknown to many and loved by many others, if what you are looking for is to disconnect, walk and above all rest from the big city, this is your destination. No, this is not the Sierra de Guadarrama, so you are guaranteed to be away from the crowds.
Hi Rafa,
outstanding nature and very smooth flights! I enjoyed very much your amazing video and the perfectly fitting music! Are these Olive tree at the end of the video?
Thanks for sharing ??
saludos de Pablo

Hi Rafa,
outstanding nature and very smooth flights! I enjoyed very much your amazing video and the perfectly fitting music! Are these Olive tree at the end of the video?
Thanks for sharing ??
saludos de Pablo

Hi Paul,

Glad to know you like it!!

The trees are holm oaks. I guess over there, they are huge trees but over here, we also have them of that size.

Cheers!

Enjoyed the video; loved the choice of music!

Reactions: eutx9795
Very nice video. I had a lot of fun in Zaragoza Spain in 1975-1977.
At the Zaragoza air base? I hope you enjoyed your stay in the country. It is now very different from how you knew it, it has become very modernised.

Thanks!!

Great video and location ...

I'll share it with my sister who works in Madrid and needs to get out of the city to get some fresh air ...

Thanks for sharing ...

Enjoyed the video; loved the choice of music!
Thanks!! I think on some videos is more important the music and rhythm of the images than the clips inside

Beautiful shots! Makes me with I had more mountains like that around where I live.
Just waiting to watch the video [emoji6]

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

Glad to know you like it!!

The trees are holm oaks. I guess over there, they are huge trees but over here, we also have them of that size.

Cheers!
Hi Rafa,
and how I liked it ?? Thanks for the info about the trees. We do not have any of them here in my region!
Looking forward to your next video ?
cheers Paul

Excellent video.

Thanks for sharing.

Great video and location ...

I'll share it with my sister who works in Madrid and needs to get out of the city to get some fresh air ...

Thanks for sharing ...
I'm sure she'll enjoy it as it is a very quiet and beautiful place. If she wants to go for a walk, there are routes of all difficulties and the villages in the area are quiet.

There is one place that is a jewel, the Hayedo del Montejo, but with the pandemic, you can only visit it by booking on their website. Reservations open on the 1st and 15th. They disappear very quickly.

Thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just 90 minutes from Madrid city (Spain) is the Sierra del Rincón. A place unknown to many and loved by many others, if what you are looking for is to disconnect, walk and above all rest from the big city, this is your destination. No, this is not the Sierra de Guadarrama, so you are guaranteed to be away from the crowds.

The Sierra del Rincón, one of the most spectacular natural sites in the Region of Madrid, was declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in June 2005 thanks to its rich landscape, the representativeness of its Mediterranean ecosystems and its model of biodiversity conservation. Since that year, it has been part of the World Network of Biosphere Reserves set up in 1976 by UNESCO and currently made up of approximately 500 privileged sites in more than 100 countries around the world.

In addition to these great natural attractions, we must add the value of the cultural, artistic and architectural heritage of the urban centres of the five municipalities that make up this Biosphere Reserve. Horcajuelo de la Sierra, Montejo de la Sierra, La Hiruela, Prádena del Rincón and Puebla de la Sierra conserve almost intact very interesting constructions and houses and buildings for agricultural use of a very characteristic rural typology that make these villages charming places where time seems to stand still.

Beautiful, Eutx!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanlin444