DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Movario BT-300

ParkerB

Reactions
Can anyone give me some advice for FPV glasses for my Mavic Air? I'm leaning toward the Movario BT-300. Is it worth the money?

In my opinion they aren't worth the money. The clarity on them isn't that great. There is no IPD adjustment on them so if your eyes aren't the perfect distance apart you have to buy inserts that will set you back at least another 100 bucks. The control unit is terrible. The DJI goggles will give you the best experience, but they are too big for constant use. I bought the crystalsky and I love it. It's all I use anymore really. Unfortunately I bought it after the BT-300s and goggles. I sold my BT-300s and still have my goggles. I just dont use them that much. Maybe in the next year or so something will come out that will provide a superior FPV experience all around.

We have a difference of opinion here. I think they're amazing. I do have the IPD issue and am expecting my inserts from Rochester Optical next week. I'll report back an let you know if that clears up what is the only issue for me. I have no trouble with the resolution and it really gives you that immersion - particularly with the Ace Solitaire enclosures. That eliminates all sun glare and allows you VLOS and an awesome FPV experience.

I'll touch back next week after I get the inserts...but others who've gotten them swear by them.

Can't say if it's worth the money to anyone for sure. Only that IMO they do exactly as advertised, but most people should expect to use them several times to get comfortable with touch pad and other features. Even though things like the touch pad could be better, the only thing it really means is it will take you more time to get comfortable with than a really good phone screen.

If you don't typically have patience or expect your equipment to take a certain amount of abuse, I might not recommend them. Although I don't treat them like they're superfragile, I wouldn't suggest too much tossing them around much either.

BTW, Moverio/Epson has a video on measuring IPD and they recommend checking that before you buy.

We have a difference of opinion here. I think they're amazing. I do have the IPD issue and am expecting my inserts from Rochester Optical next week. I'll report back an let you know if that clears up what is the only issue for me. I have no trouble with the resolution and it really gives you that immersion - particularly with the Ace Solitaire enclosures. That eliminates all sun glare and allows you VLOS and an awesome FPV experience.

I'll touch back next week after I get the inserts...but others who've gotten them swear by them.
Lol, I'm pretty sure I've seen you post something about the "Ace solitaire" before before because I remember thinking that's the name of a card game. I know you are referring to the solitaire aces, but it's a little funny.

Anyways, that's my main gripe with them is that they are an unpolished product. I posted a review on them and some people were saying things like, "Get the inserts" or "use a mouse and keyboard" or do this or do that. I'm not saying they suck, they just are very unpolished. You shouldn't have to do this or buy that, in my opinion. They should provide a great experience out of the box. I was very excited for the 300s and was disappointed. They just aren't for me. I have a much better experience using the ultra bright crystal sky. The quality and clarity of the picture is just heads and shoulders above the 300s. I want the glasses to give me the crystal sky experience worn on my face. They dont yet. They are getting there, but not quite yet. I'm looking forward to the next iteration of the BTs.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I've seen you post something about the "Ace solitaire" before before because I remember thinking that's the name of a card game. I know you are referring to the solitaire aces, but it's a little funny.

Anyways, that's my main gripe with them is that they are an unpolished product. I posted a review on them and some people were saying things like, "Get the inserts" or "use a mouse and keyboard" or do this or do that. I'm not saying they suck, they just are very unpolished. You shouldn't have to do this or buy that, in my opinion. They should provide a great experience out of the box. I was very excited for the 300s and was disappointed. They just aren't for me. I have a much better experience using the ultra bright crystal sky. The quality and clarity of the picture is just heads and shoulders above the 300s. I want the glasses to give me the crystal sky experience worn on my face. They dont yet. They are getting there, but not quite yet. I'm looking forward to the next iteration of the BTs.
Solitaire Ace...Indeed. Just say "On"...

The Moverios are better for me, as in I get to keep my situational awareness (not locked into the goggles), and yes, they will take a few uses to get used to. BUT nobody can sneak up on you!
Also, the IPD is set/fixed to 170mm. You can go to any eyeglass store and they can measure your IPD. It would be nice if that was user adjustable.......just need maybe 2 mm each way.

Just tried first flight for me excellent. No heavy i pad to carry. Vision is perfect . I must experiment with recording at the same time the audio will be very useful to me. Getting the glasses lined up is all important. I moved the nose clip around untill I got the right spot.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS