DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Movie size / phone capacity

Mimmacks

Reactions
Hi,
Just bought a Mavic mini, not flown it yet and plan to use in conjunction with smart phone which currently has around 30gb of empty storage. Is this enough to store my video footage? What will say a video clip of 10min take storage wise? Also if I use the dji software on my phone app for editing, can I then save that edited movie, with music over lay etc to an external hard drive?

Hi,
Just bought a Mavic mini, not flown it yet and plan to use in conjunction with smart phone which currently has around 30gb of empty storage. Is this enough to store my video footage? What will say a video clip of 10min take storage wise? Also if I use the dji software on my phone app for editing, can I then save that edited movie, with music over lay etc to an external hard drive?
The footage saved on the phone is usually lower grade compared to the SD card, 30Gb should be enough if you take it off after your done editing each flight. I can't say much about the editing abilities as I always d/l to computer from the SD card and use Sony Vegas Pro. With video footage it is always better to have as much storage as possible. I use a 2TB for Still shots and 6TB for video.

I Have a MM and i edit my video in imovie (iphone user here) and the built-in vid editor of dji fly app is ok too. Enjoy flying

To be safe a 64gb SD card is about right, I'd recommend the Sandisk Extreme Pro

Reactions: rehkram
I just checked my stuff, for example 13 minutes shot at 2.7K occupies 4 GB

Definitely copy the files to your computer and delete them from the sd card. Your phone will fill up fast. I agree with lannes, a 64 GB card is a good size for the MM. You might need to think about getting some direct attached external storage if your computer's drive is already maxed out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121