DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Moving Water

LCummings99

Reactions
Near the headwaters of an Alaskan River. Very close proximity to the surface (<1') M2P in full vulnerability with no OA and no downward sensors.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

holy smoke that was very close, dangerously close ??
It was, and I was worried that any wrong move would send it downstream without warning or chance to be able to retrieve it.

Reactions: KingRat
that was really a goosebump moment ?
I'll try to get some more footage together in the next couple of weeks. Moving so this was likely my last flight until we get moved this weekend.

Maybe you should insert the sound of the water, that would improve the video!
I plan to try that. Recorded quite a bit just have to edit all of the alarms from the controller out and pick some sections that have no other noises in it. Havent retrieved the audio from my phone yet but will attempt to. Not sure where the files are stored yet so have some legwork to do with that

I plan to try that. Recorded quite a bit just have to edit all of the alarms from the controller out and pick some sections that have no other noises in it. Havent retrieved the audio from my phone yet but will attempt to. Not sure where the files are stored yet so have some legwork to do with that
the easiest way is to record the sound with your phone and the you insert it in the editing program!

This is fantastic, I love the idea for the sound effect and its a Wow Factor for the start of a great drone video.

Confidence in your skills , not relying on the Obstacle Avoidance and the Right gear to get it done will make for some amazing adventures with your drone.

I cannot wait to see what you have in store for everyone .

Alaska and Drones a beautiful equation.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DRONE in Alaska.

Last edited:
If you recorded with an iPhone on "voice Memos: it's a piece of cake! Just hit the three dots>Share>air drop>your computer. It will appear on your desk top. Then, just name it and save it. The iPhone is a lifesaver for me when it comes to recoding and saving sounds.

If you recorded with an iPhone on "voice Memos: it's a piece of cake! Just hit the three dots>Share>air drop>your computer. It will appear on your desk top. Then, just name it and save it. The iPhone is a lifesaver for me when it comes to recoding and saving sounds.
Thanks Dale. That's the app I used. Should be a snap just hadn't ever done that before so was'nt sure of how.

Any idea how to do this on a Windows machine? Air Drop only works between apple devices and I cannot locate the file in iTunes.

Any idea how to do this on a Windows machine? Air Drop only works between apple devices and I cannot locate the file in iTunes.
One of the very best advantages of having an Apple MAC computer (iMac or Mac Book Pro) is this feature!!! It was one of the primary reasons I finally dropped out of the PC. (besides weekly need for computer geek to fix my computer). The MAC is amazingly intuitive for creative work. This is one of the ways. Air Drop is a dream.

For those of you who use PC, I tried to Google how to get a tune or your recording from your phone to the computer. I found this;

"Connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad & open iExplorer. Click the Music button on the Device Overview screen (or Media Library in the left panel). Once your media loads, choose from the following: AUTO TRANSFER - Click the Auto Transfer Button > Auto-Recover All Items to iTunes > Start Auto Transfer."

Please don't ask me to explain that. I just copied and pasted it. Google the term, "How do I transfer music from phone to PC" and you will find several results.

Here are the steps if you have recorded a song (let's say directly from your computer, like a You Tube music track)
1. record the desired music using Voice Memos app on iPhone
2. Hit the three blue dots
3. hit the word "share"
4. Hit Air Drop, then MAC
5. Music file will appear in Finder
6. drag the file on to the desk top and you have it. Just name it.
7. Now you can use this music in your video!!!

Here are the steps!
1. hit 3 blue dots.jpg2.Hit Share.jpg3. hit air drop.jpg

Dale
Miami

Thanks!

Inspired by the Alaskan waters shot above,

I was hoping to find a delicate picture in the stream but did not really find anything until i got over the trees where the lake was an emerald green.

AIR 2S / goodness

Here is the video that got me there.

screenshot_160-1-2.jpg

Near the headwaters of an Alaskan River. Very close proximity to the surface (<1') M2P in full vulnerability with no OA and no downward sensors.

Quick update with some audio for effect. I recorded over an hour and a half of different natural sounds yesterday, lots to go through but an example of what can be done with very little work in post. Only editing is clipping the video and or audio.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Quick update with some audio for effect. I recorded over an hour and a half of different natural sounds yesterday, lots to go through but an example of what can be done with very little work in post. Only editing is clipping the video and or audio.

That sound effect really changes the video , I am going to have to step my my sound game, Well done.

Reactions: LCummings99
Which brings up the question < i noticed the new Samsung Pro 360 has the HDMI port can that be used as a Monitor for the drone ?
How would I know, I am still using my Samsung S4! It does everything I need it to, you know, makes phone calls and sends texts and keeps a hold of peoples' phone numbers for me so my brain can stagnate by not having to remember them!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eseex