DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP Dropped from Sky

People who fly so close to the margin are likely to go off the page. That's what we see here. 13% is airborne equivalent of fumes in the tank.
Not sure I agree. I’ve seen YouTube personality and drone expert Dustin Dunnill frequently push his drones to the limit in range tests and return to home with only 1% or 2% remaining.

Not sure I agree. I’ve seen YouTube personality and drone expert Dustin Dunnill frequently push his drones to the limit in range tests and return to home with only 1% or 2% remaining.
The loss of his aircraft may not be a concern to him.
Some people can’t afford the possibility of that loss.

Outside of a controlled environment, that's just poor airmanship. I just don't see what there is to gain flying with so little battery left and jeopardizing the aircraft and adjacent property or people.

Reactions: RonW and bigswifty
These tests are very informative and helpfull and interesting to watch, when i first got the original mavic i hovered at 20 feet 2 or 3 times and the battery went to 1 percent before it landed. might be different know

Just Dumb Luck on his part.

Reactions: Starz
Not good for the batteries to run below about 30%.
Lipo batteries are prone to damage when cell voltage falls to 3v/cell and below.
Better to set warning at 30 to 35% for safety. Running till empty is always asking for trouble.
BTW, I've had my M1P since 2017 with same batteries, always land at 35%. Always look after your power supply, drone is just a fancy brick without.

Yea on a new (keyword here) manufactured recently made lipo. Dustin always has done these tests with new drones/batteries .... Big big difference, op's was from 2017. He has a low cycle count which means the battery was probably sitting most of the time....and who knows if it was fully charged while sitting or depleted / how much swelling it had etc...we just dont know how he took care of it

I dont store them fully charged but always always charge them fully before I fly. decided not to send it back to DJI . The issue was the battery Ive since replaced it and have not had any issues.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569