DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP found in Kernville Ca.

bjack76

Reactions
Greetings. While metal detecting the bottom of the Kern river in Kernville Ca. I found a Mavic Pro.

Reactions: MurMan
The owner of this didn't have a single chance to say goodbye to his drone Sad life

Reactions: bjack76
It may still be of great value to the owner if there's a way to find him. If he had DJI refresh, he can get a replacement. Does anyone know if you lose a bird during the refresh period, but don't find it until after it expires, can you use it? Is there a date/time on the video?

I Made contact with DJI support.
It may still be of great value to the owner if there's a way to find him. If he had DJI refresh, he can get a replacement. Does anyone know if you lose a bird during the refresh period, but don't find it until after it expires, can you use it? Is there a date/time on the video?
Yes the last video was April 9th 2018.

WTF happened to the drone? In one frame he's flying along fine, the next frame is a blur, and then it goes black. It's like the ending to The Sopranos. :confused:

Reactions: bjack76
I assume that the one who found the drone is the owner of this video and why is it the last part of the video seems to have a problem? :)

I did not see it in the video, have you?

LkZwNYc.png

Looks like something much bigger than a fishing line. more like a power/phone line for a house, but it looks a bit high tension for that, so maybe just a cable for hauling stuff across the river. A few seconds before the video ends you can see the wooden poles at the left shore as well.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
In the frame at 1:01, there's also a vertical black and white pole that may be hanging or may be in the water. Could this be part of the "gates" white water kayakers use? I've seen them elsewhere...You string a wire rope across the rapids, then hang vertical poles through which the kayaker must traverse. Who, flying a MP down a river, would ever have expected that!?

Reactions: MrsTreat
LkZwNYc.png

Looks like something much bigger than a fishing line. more like a power/phone line for a house, but it looks a bit high tension for that, so maybe just a cable for hauling stuff across the river. A few seconds before the video ends you can see the wooden poles at the left shore as well.
You are correct. I looked at a previous file and noticed this at the 30 second mark..

At least the owner decides to put an extra GPS tracking device so there is a greater chance to retrieve it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute