DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MPP - RTH Button on Remote Control Issue (?)

Copepe

Reactions
Twice I've noticed that when I press the RTH button on the RC, nothing happens. However, when I do it in the app it works perfectly. The last time it happened I had taken off using the app and checked "Precision Landing", not the RC, but I don't remember the previous occasion. Do I have a problem or is the RTH button on the remote only supposed to work when I take off with the RC?

are you pushing and holding it till the RC starts beeping?

As previous post, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to fully engage from the controller. Also remember if you want to cancel, you have to hit the cancel, then agree to the cancellation, so it's 2 steps. If you are trying to cancel RTH in a hurry, it's easy to forget the confirmation step.

Paul Caldwell

As previous post, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to fully engage from the controller. Also remember if you want to cancel, you have to hit the cancel, then agree to the cancellation, so it's 2 steps. If you are trying to cancel RTH in a hurry, it's easy to forget the confirmation step.

Paul Caldwell
Different topic but curious: Are there any high-quality Mavic Pro Platinum carbon fiber propellers and, if so, are they recommended? I know DJI does not offer them. Thoughts?

Different topic but curious: Are there any high-quality Mavic Pro Platinum carbon fiber propellers and, if so, are they recommended? I know DJI does not offer them. Thoughts?
Yes there is, they are non DJI but are very good quality and I have been using them for over four months and have done in excess of 20 hours on them without any problems whatsoever. The blades are screwed to the center hub, not rivit edges and are the blades are quite tight for a while. You must straighten by hand before flight for best results.

Drone 2pairs Full Carbon Fiber 8331F Foldable Propellers Low Noise 8831 Propeller for DJI MAVIC PRO
Drone 2pairs Full Carbon Fiber 8331F Foldable Propellers Low Noise 8831 Propeller for DJI MAVIC PRO & Platinum Accessories Kit-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Twice I've noticed that when I press the RTH button on the RC, nothing happens. However, when I do it in the app it works perfectly. The last time it happened I had taken off using the app and checked "Precision Landing", not the RC, but I don't remember the previous occasion. Do I have a problem or is the RTH button on the remote only supposed to work when I take off with the RC?
As others gave said, you must press and hold the RTH button on controller till you hear the beeping for RTH to engage.. Once RTH has engaged by continued beeping then one short press of the button will disengage (stop/cancel) return to home, you do not have to hold the button down.
This is much quicker than using the screen (app) as you don't have to tap or slide the agree confirm on the screen if you use the screen/app RTH.
Controller=Long press to engage RTH
Short press to disengage (cancel) RTH

Reactions: Paul2660
Yes there is, they are non DJI but are very good quality and I have been using them for over four months and have done in excess of 20 hours on them without any problems whatsoever. The blades are screwed to the center hub, not rivit edges and are the blades are quite tight for a while. You must straighten by hand before flight for best results.

Drone 2pairs Full Carbon Fiber 8331F Foldable Propellers Low Noise 8831 Propeller for DJI MAVIC PRO
Drone 2pairs Full Carbon Fiber 8331F Foldable Propellers Low Noise 8831 Propeller for DJI MAVIC PRO & Platinum Accessories Kit-in Drone Accessories Kits from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Have you noticed any improvements in flight handling, flight time, etc?

Have you noticed any improvements in flight handling, flight time, etc?
Handling is more responsive due to blades been stiff. They are much quieter than the DJI quiet props as they do not flex. They are very light and strong but as they have more pitch than standard props, top speed is reduced and overall flight time by about 2 minutes. But the Mavic handles better in wind and is even less obtrusive when around or within earshot of people.

Handling is more responsive due to blades been stiff. They are much quieter than the DJI quiet props as they do not flex. They are very light and strong but as they have more pitch than standard props, top speed is reduced and overall flight time by about 2 minutes. But the Mavic handles better in wind and is even less obtrusive when around or within earshot of people.

Thank you, Dragonfly. I guess i will give them a try. They are even cheaper than the OEM props.

I use these prop's on my Pro Platinum ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07848LR4F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are identical in shape to the DJI low-noise prop's that come with the MPP, but much less flexible. They seem to provide good handling in both still and windy conditions, and because they are stiffer, they make the drone more responsive. I've not done the 'science' on them, but I'm sure the RPM would also be lower in hover.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada