DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Mt. Lindsey, Breathtaking Colorado 14er climb from a valley busting with wild flowers!

Karlewski

Reactions
This was one of my favorite trips of the season and not so much for the climbing, though there was a short technical section where I managed to get some incredible drone footage at, 6:35. Fun edit for that too! This was a conservative ascent by my standards with the injured biceps but, the scene in the peak of wild flower season was incredible, saw a bear in the lush valley, and the mountain itself was very picturesque. I hope you guys enjoy the ride! I made a mini adventure video of a neighboring peak to follow, more cool drone action in that one!!!
Karlewski

WOW Karlewski I really enjoyed watching your video!!
I have made a couple drone videos BUT nothing like this.
It must have taken twice as long as it should have to hike that trail with all the shots taken along the way.
I will be watching your video several more times to try and pick put all the great ideas you have for making a great video.
One thing I have trouble with )and obviously you don't) are the shots out over a ledge when the footing is unstable,
I get a feeling like both me and my drone are falling over the edge LOL
Thanks and Please keep the videos coming - you will help make me a better film maker!!

Man, living in flat Texas and no mountain trips planned this year.. make me very jelly with this video.

Nice.

Your videos allow me to see places I won't go myself. Very beautifyl country there in the Centennial state.

Great vid Karl!

The new Google Earth map at the start looks great but a few proposed tweeks:
1. Add Denver to the map as a reference point
2. Start your vlogging/talking during this segment. That would be more entertaining.
3. Remove the second map (39sec to 50 secs) or alternatively display it on one side of the screen, combined with some car driving footage. For example for what I mean, see your own video at 1min 8sec.

Thanks for your comment brothers, love bringing you guys along!!! Do be careful Gimbal, listen to your instincts. . .they are usually right. I wish I did when I was nervous about sliding down the snow gully sans Ice Axe and then tore my biceps. . . Definitely watch me and others working the camera, it has helped me so much. . . Having guys like Terry and I will make you great. In the end, learn from all but hold onto your style, you are your best self when you are being yourself. I thought I'd imitate more but. . .then not, LOL, and am better for it.
Alright, coach Terry, I totally hear you on the start with the maps. . .it was my fist effort with google earth and I know it wasn't stellar, I even extended the music there, poorly, to stuff too much "boring" in there. I have been focusing on this area, actually yesterday, and it is definitely improving. Cooler, smoother google zoom with Colorado and showing Denver, context. . . May have to improve further with a split screen. . .

Do you guys like the 360 shots? Low res but more possible views???

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your comment brothers, love bringing you guys along!!! Do be careful Gimbal, listen to your instincts. . .they are usually right. I wish I did when I was nervous about sliding down the snow gully sans Ice Axe and then tore my biceps. . . Definitely watch me and others working the camera, it has helped me so much. . . Having guys like Terry and I will make you great. In the end, learn from all but hold onto your style, you are your best self when you are being yourself. I thought I'd imitate more but. . .then not, LOL, and am better for it.
Alright, coach Terry, I totally hear you on the start with the maps. . .it was my fist effort with google earth and I know it wasn't stellar, I even extended the music there, poorly, to stuff too much "boring" in there. I have been focusing on this area, actually yesterday, and it is definitely improving. Cooler, smoother google zoom with Colorado and showing Denver, context. . . May have to improve further with a split screen. . .

Do you guys like the 360 shots? Low res but more possible views???
Those helmet cams that have huge fish eye effect, plus the 360 shots, are usually quite disorientating for me.

I wouldn’t say never use them, but I would say use them sparingly.

Simply stunning - I really appreciate the adventure story - just finished a tour of Rocky Mountain Park and was captivated by the scenery and always wondered what it must be like on those high peaks and ridges.. Thanks for sharing!!!

Simply stunning - I really appreciate the adventure story - just finished a tour of Rocky Mountain Park and was captivated by the scenery and always wondered what it must be like on those high peaks and ridges.. Thanks for sharing!!!
The US really does have amazing parks.

Where about in the Rocky Mountain Park did you visit Thusly? It’s pretty big!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent