DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple connectivity issues since last SW upgrade

HEXYEBO

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic pilots.
I wanted to start this thread in hopes that someone may have already found a solution to these issues I'm having. Here's a much abbreviated list:
  • Very poor pixilated video feedback during flight. Even when the RC is literally 5 ft away from the aircraft. No impact to the video recorder to the SD card.
  • Unable to start video recording. Pushing the RC button or onscreen record button is ignored.
  • Aircraft stops recording video sporadically. The app reports this, but with significant delay. Big recording gaps as the result.
  • Unable to enter intelligent flight modes. Attempts result in timeout error. Again, this is while Mavic is well within range.

I am running latest everything on Android 6.0 Samsung phone. iOS is not an option at the moment, so please don't suggest that. Any other thoughts are welcome.

Regards.
HEX.

Hello fellow Mavic pilots.
I wanted to start this thread in hopes that someone may have already found a solution to these issues I'm having. Here's a much abbreviated list:
  • Very poor pixilated video feedback during flight. Even when the RC is literally 5 ft away from the aircraft. No impact to the video recorder to the SD card.
  • Unable to start video recording. Pushing the RC button or onscreen record button is ignored.
  • Aircraft stops recording video sporadically. The app reports this, but with significant delay. Big recording gaps as the result.
  • Unable to enter intelligent flight modes. Attempts result in timeout error. Again, this is while Mavic is well within range.

I am running latest everything on Android 6.0 Samsung phone. iOS is not an option at the moment, so please don't suggest that. Any other thoughts are welcome.

Regards.
HEX.
Have you tried a different Micro SD card (or reformatting the card you have?)

Have you tried a different Micro SD card (or reformatting the card you have?)
Well, actually video recorded to the card is fine, no issues. It mostly seems like the RC is having trouble maintaining connection to Mavic even in a very close proximity. I have two identical SD cards (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB) that I use.
Or were you referring to the SD card in the phone?

Well, actually video recorded to the card is fine, no issues. It mostly seems like the RC is having trouble maintaining connection to Mavic even in a very close proximity. I have two identical SD cards (SanDisk Ultra 32 GB) that I use.
Or were you referring to the SD card in the phone?
No, the card in the Mavic, sometime reformatting helps but may not be the case in this matter.

Same problem here it started with the latest update, the quality of the image transmitted to the phone is very poor occasionally

No, the card in the Mavic, sometime reformatting helps but may not be the case in this matter.

Well, reformatting the card definitely did not help. Curiosly, I am not having any of these issues while flying with Litchi app. DJI GO app being the culprit here, does anyone know if it can be downgraded? Last version that worked properly was 4.1.9 (Android), I think.

Well, reformatting the card definitely did not help. Curiosly, I am not having any of these issues while flying with Litchi app. DJI GO app being the culprit here, does anyone know if it can be downgraded? Last version that worked properly was 4.1.9 (Android), I think.
It can be downgraded if you can find an .apk mirror sight, I will do a search and see if I can post a link.
Here is a site, I just found it on google, I can not testify if it is safe or full of spyware or whatever.
DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.1.9 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin