DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple drones with one controller?

blaircm

Reactions
Traveling abroad first time with Mini 2 and am thinking of a plan B should I lose/crash my drone. Do you know if I could pair a 2nd Mini 2 drone with the controller from another one? Would be great to take 2 drones but just one controller, battery charger, etc. just as a fallback plan. If something happens to the first, I'd use the second without having to bring the entire kit. Thank you so much and wish me luck (Scotland and Ireland)!

I swap controllers all the time, the only problem oyou might run into is if you have the fly away insurance but you#ll need to read up on that for yourself.

I swap controllers all the time, the only problem oyou might run into is if you have the fly away insurance but you#ll need to read up on that for yourself.
True there is that. Requires binding the remote specifically to the drone. But I think you can undo and then redo it, but it's a longer process.

Last edited:
True there is that. Requires binning the remote specifically to the drone. But I think you can undo and then redo it, but it's a longer process.
"Binning" would be expensive, binding or rebinding would be better :D . Yep it can be done and it needs to be done otherwise I think the insurance is invalidated but check that.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929