DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Must do! for drone recovery.

Is that another way of saying you know this 'thanks to an experiment'?
Though I have seen it suggested before.

Is that another way of saying you know this 'thanks to an experiment'?
Though I have seen it suggested before.
I hope this explains my post YoPud : I made reflective strips,and attached to my new drone using stick on velcro.An idea I got : Following my brothers three day recovery bush walk in AUS. What video editing software do you use? (New here.)

Last edited:
I hope this explains my post YoPud : I made reflective strips,and attached to my new drone using stick on velcro.An idea I got : Following my brothers three day recovery bush walk in AUS. What video editing software do you use? (New here.)
Why not just stick the tape directly on the drone and use the velcro for something else?

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Must do! On your drone to insure for a speedy drone recovery.

Using stick on reflective tape..one can insure a speedy recovery armed with a powerful flash light.

Save you days of searching.

Your post reminds of my SPARK...

Every little bit helps when it comes to recovery.

Reflective stickers, trackers, user information on the outside AND on the SD card may help with the RTH function ;) if the stickers wear out over time.

GPS Signal, Receiver signal , heat, among a few.
GPS might be a valid concern.
If by "receiver signal" you mean control signal, then are the Mini 3 antennae not in the 'landing legs' on the front arms. I wonder about the Mini 3 Pro? I do not know if the foil could cause signal reflections nor if any reflections could cause problems.
Heat, hmmmm that's interesting one but I'd have thought the plastic of the drone's shell was the most significant insulator. 🤔

That said GPS masking is the only concern I recollect being mentioned in other threads.

GPS might be a valid concern.
If by "receiver signal" you mean control signal, then are the Mini 3 antennae not in the 'landing legs' on the front arms. I do not know if the foil could cause signal reflections nor if any reflections could cause problems.
Heat, hmmmm that's interesting one but I'd have thought the plastic of the drone's shell was the most significant insulator. 🤔

I don't expect that reflective tapes cause any problems with GPS. The batteries and circuit boards and such in the strobe lights I place on the top of my drones have no detectable effect.

The reflective tapes I've seen and the ones I've seen recommended here are not metallic, but acrylic or polyester. They should present no more problem for the GPS than the drone's plastic case. Since the tapes are only a few mils thick, the effect on heat transfer should be negligible. Consider that many drone owners cover their drones entirely with decorative "jackets" or foam panels without apparent problems.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Use a multimeter set to the highest resistance range to check for conductivity of the reflective tape...on both sides. I use tape that is all Mylar and is not conductive or magnetic/ferrous.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I have been putting reflective tape on my drones since I first got a Mavic 2 Pro. I make dots with either a punch or a notebook hole punch. You don't need a very big piece to make the drone visible from quite some distance. I has never caused any issues in the several years I have been doing it. Since I have 4 drones, I mix up the large dot color to help me distinguish them on a bench situation. I also use mainly red, odd choice, for marking my M3T drone and its unique controller. You can make a lifetime's worth of markings with $10 worth of reflective tape. I also use the same technique on some of my other field equipment that may get misplaced in the field. I do a lot of my research at night, studying fluorescing minerals.
min1.jpgmin2.jpgIMG_7218.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman