DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Must have accessory for Smart Controller

The Enterprise version of the SC already has rings next to the control sticks, for attaching a lanyard.
I want those for my consumer grade SC.
How and where can I get them? dji-smart-controller-enterprise-2893.jpeg

The Enterprise version of the SC already has rings next to the control sticks, for attaching a lanyard.
I want those for my consumer grade SC.
How and where can I get them?
I had a look on DJI's site and it doesn't show the remote as any different for Enterprise, where did you source that picture?? BTW I love my Roboterwerk mount! :)

I found it here, as an accessory for the Matrice 300 RTK:

I had a look on DJI's site and it doesn't show the remote as any different for Enterprise, where did you source that picture?? BTW I love my Roboterwerk mount! :)

Worth every penny, I love mine. Well made and does what it says it will.

Dave S

I forgot to order mine this month as I had it in queue. The big question "we" had on RCG was what is the situation where it goes over glass. Does it touch, or has some sort of padding? And does it effect or cover any of the touch screen for "Fat Fingers"?
I have the horizontal version and also wondered re touching the glass so ordered a glass screen protector at the same time. Best combo ever, no issues re scratched glass, bracket is WAY stronger than it appears and the only issue I had was having to 'Adapt' my case which holds the smart controller vertically by cutting a couple of extra slots in the foam to allow for the tabs now poking out each side of the screen. Otherwise a great investment, making hand launching and landing a breeze now.......

I saw this product but didn't like some of the low star reviews, which seemed to corroborate each other regarding the difficulty using the touchscreen at the edges and the variability of the strap length and the finish quality, etc. Some even said the bracket would bend. I may just give it a try but just now joined this forum to specifically find an alternate product. I like the idea of the controller resting flat in front of me, so that I don't have to hold anything up, but instead have it hover at the right height.
I did actually end up ordering this, and I really like it, with a slight modification.

The strap is cheap, and their "fix" for complaints of the strap being too short was to ship it with a really thin nylon string attachment that allows the controller to hang at the proper height in front of you. But the anodized aluminum attachment is great. Someone (either here on on Amazon) complained that the screws shipped with it were not black to match the product. Once I saw that the screws I received were Stainless Steel, I didn't at all mind the color difference. If it's that important you, then get some black nail polish or whatever, and go all DIY!

I've attached some photos of the product and my SC to illustrate that this is a pretty cool gadget. As you examine the images, note the pads under the bracket to protect the screen. Also note that my controller has a skin (love the burlwood?) that covers (protects?) the inactive border area of the glass on the screen. See the SST screws. Verify that the bracket does not cover any meaningful part of the touchscreen and that it hangs perfectly level. If you've attached things to your SC, like antenna range extenders, the "level-ness" will definitely be affected. I eliminated the one sticking point by acquiring a quality camera strap from Peak Design; it's called "Slide." You can see the quick-connect attachments of the strap system dangling from the bracket in the photos. The final pic shows the controller hanging level in space with the strap attached.

1 20210130_141313.jpg

Attachments

• 2 20210130_141252.jpg
    2 20210130_141252.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 3 20210130_141215.jpg
    3 20210130_141215.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 4 20210130_141023.jpg
    4 20210130_141023.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 5 20210130_141612.jpg
    5 20210130_141612.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • 6 20210130_142028.jpg
    6 20210130_142028.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
I did actually end up ordering this, and I really like it, with a slight modification.

The strap is cheap, and their "fix" for complaints of the strap being too short was to ship it with a really thin nylon string attachment that allows the controller to hang at the proper height in front of you. But the anodized aluminum attachment is great. Someone (either here on on Amazon) complained that the screws shipped with it were not black to match the product. Once I saw that the screws I received were Stainless Steel, I didn't at all mind the color difference. If it's that important you, then get some black nail polish or whatever, and go all DIY!

I've attached some photos of the product and my SC to illustrate that this is a pretty cool gadget. As you examine the images, note the pads under the bracket to protect the screen. Also note that my controller has a skin (love the burlwood?) that covers (protects?) the inactive border area of the glass on the screen. See the SST screws. Verify that the bracket does not cover any meaningful part of the touchscreen and that it hangs perfectly level. If you've attached things to your SC, like antenna range extenders, the "level-ness" will definitely be affected. I eliminated the one sticking point by acquiring a quality camera strap from Peak Design; it's called "Slide." You can see the quick-connect attachments of the strap system dangling from the bracket in the photos. The final pic shows the controller hanging level in space with the strap attached.

View attachment 122813
Love mine too!

Reactions: Bob750
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada